A little love for HB

12 minutes ago, sith13 said:

We would have quite a bit of cap space at hand to work with so it's a matter of what Veach would do to fix the Safety situation at hand. HB did great but assuming we landed Thomas I think he could be enough as well with the way Thornhill played but nothing is certain. 

I don’t think so. HB is way more dynamic than Thomas.  With a average corners at best and a complicated scheme, I don’t see Thomas making near the same impact. 

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I don’t think so. HB is way more dynamic than Thomas.  With a average corners at best and a complicated scheme, I don’t see Thomas making near the same impact. 

HB ended up as the best safety so nobody else would have made the same impact. However we could have won the SB with less of an impact from the safety if certain things went out way but we never know, which is my point. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

HB ended up as the best safety so nobody else would have made the same impact. However we could have won the SB with less of an impact from the safety if certain things went out way but we never know, which is my point. 

True. It’s all speculation. I don’t think this D turns into arguably the best D in the league over the last 4-6 games of the season without the addition of HB and Clark even though expensive. I have no regrets on giving up cap space for them. We would not have won the SB IMO without both of those additions. 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, dhitter said:

The Badger not only played at an extremely high level...he also was a leader on the defense in the locker room, in the huddle and took some pressure off the other dbs.

"this is what I like"

PFF has a cranial inversion in this case....

Mex called it- it's about leadership and as I now like to say in Board Meetings, "Keep the camera on me Dog!"...

HB is fantastic and a real joy to watch and listen to.

w