Homegrown Talent

On 7/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, reesebobby said:

First off i rarely talk about mahomes. I flip you shit about jackson because your panties get bunched up and its fun.  

Second, i said although we may not have the most retained draft picks we have hit on the key positions in a big way.  Your response to that was how important a fucking athletic 300 pound fullback is to a team.  So yes you made the comparison. 

Yeah right, never. My panties are unbunched as I know what talent he has and know what Talent Mahomes has. Its your people that refuse to see LJ's talent in spite of his accomplishments He just does it differently than Mahomes, but thats not good enough for you guys.

My response was how an Organization can see the talent of the small college player and turn him into the first 2 way player NFL in a long time- not some one just getting snaps but having an impact. Believe me, if he was a Chiefs, you would have brought him up.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:52 PM, xen said:

Round 2 starts quickly as Reese comes out swinging and works the body.

Not really.

On 7/4/2020 at 2:01 PM, kkuenn said:

Bullshit, that was a low blow. Using common sense should not be allowed!

Rarely is

On 7/4/2020 at 2:51 PM, xen said:

Good point.  Point deducted for using logic in an arguement.

Rarely done.

18 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

not some one just getting snaps but having an impact. Believe me, if he was a Chiefs, you would have brought him up.

He's been in the league 3 years.  He averages 6 tackles and .33333333333 sacks per year.   And 19 yards per year of offense on 4 receptions.  Now if I was to put him on the list of "impact" players on our roster, where do you think I would put him?  I'm sure he's a good player, but his impact is nowhere close to the positional impact of these other guys.  Our fullback had one less tackle than Ricard did this year and pretty much the same offensive production.  Those guys are valuable.  But easy to replace. 

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

He's been in the league 3 years.  He averages 6 tackles and .33333333333 sacks per year.   And 19 yards per year of offense on 4 receptions.  Now if I was to put him on the list of "impact" players on our roster, where do you think I would put him?  I'm sure he's a good player, but his impact is nowhere close to the positional impact of these other guys.  Our fullback had one less tackle than Ricard did this year and pretty much the same offensive production.  Those guys are valuable.  But easy to replace. 

MORE THAN STATS

NFL Fullbacks And The Giants

Posted on June 29, 2020 by Tom C

Top Fullbacks In 2019

In 2019 there are some very talented fullbacks playing in the NFL. San Francisco’s Kyle Juszczyk has been reported to be among the top five blocking fullbacks since the 1970 NFL merger. The 49er’s ran a 21 personnel formation (2 RB, 1 TE) for 28% of the snaps in 2019. That was a league high use of that formation. They were successful in that formation 55% of the time. Their running back Raheem Mostert led all backs in rushing yards per attempt and was tie for eighth among backs in rushing touchdowns. Juszczyk led all fullbacks in offensive snap percentage with 37% and also led in number of snaps with 389. Yet he only touched the ball 23 times. Juszczyk made the Pro Bowl each of the last four seasons.

Kansas City Chief fullback Anthony Sherman is a hard-working strong fullback. His 2011 combine bench press was tops among skill positions that year and tie for fifth best among skill positions of the last decade. Sherman had a key block in Super Bowl LIV when he cleared a path for Damien Williams to score a 38-yard touchdown run to seal the victory. Sherman is considered one of the best at the position currently playing,

Patrick Ricard of the Ravens is another talented fullback. His nickname is Project Pat. He got that as an undrafted free agent that converted from a defensive lineman to a fullback. He is a 6’3″ 313 lb bulldozing run blocker. His defensive lineman experience helps him in analyzing blocks. He has an impressive ability to move off one block for another, more-pressing need. He was in on the third highest offensive snaps (31%) for a fullback and made the Pro Bowl. The Ravens had the first and third highest rushers in yards per attempt in Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards.

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

MORE THAN STATS

NFL Fullbacks And The Giants

Posted on June 29, 2020 by Tom C

Top Fullbacks In 2019

In 2019 there are some very talented fullbacks playing in the NFL. San Francisco’s Kyle Juszczyk has been reported to be among the top five blocking fullbacks since the 1970 NFL merger. The 49er’s ran a 21 personnel formation (2 RB, 1 TE) for 28% of the snaps in 2019. That was a league high use of that formation. They were successful in that formation 55% of the time. Their running back Raheem Mostert led all backs in rushing yards per attempt and was tie for eighth among backs in rushing touchdowns. Juszczyk led all fullbacks in offensive snap percentage with 37% and also led in number of snaps with 389. Yet he only touched the ball 23 times. Juszczyk made the Pro Bowl each of the last four seasons.

Kansas City Chief fullback Anthony Sherman is a hard-working strong fullback. His 2011 combine bench press was tops among skill positions that year and tie for fifth best among skill positions of the last decade. Sherman had a key block in Super Bowl LIV when he cleared a path for Damien Williams to score a 38-yard touchdown run to seal the victory. Sherman is considered one of the best at the position currently playing,

Patrick Ricard of the Ravens is another talented fullback. His nickname is Project Pat. He got that as an undrafted free agent that converted from a defensive lineman to a fullback. He is a 6’3″ 313 lb bulldozing run blocker. His defensive lineman experience helps him in analyzing blocks. He has an impressive ability to move off one block for another, more-pressing need. He was in on the third highest offensive snaps (31%) for a fullback and made the Pro Bowl. The Ravens had the first and third highest rushers in yards per attempt in Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards.

Yeah.  I know.  I said in the previous post that these guys are valuable.  But they are easily replaced for teams that use fullbacks.  Before Ricard you had Juszczyk.  Before him, Vonta Leach.  Before him McClain.  And always you've been able to run the ball.  And after Ricard is gone, you'll find another big guy with a motor that doesn't have a place in most offenses.  They are valuable, but not impactful in the way that a QB, #1 receiver, #1 RB, Left Tackle, 1000 yard TE are.  They just aren't.  Ricard plays less than a third of your snaps. 

Now where would you put Ricard in terms of impact players if he was on our team?

20 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah.  I know.  I said in the previous post that these guys are valuable.  But they are easily replaced for teams that use fullbacks.  Before Ricard you had Juszczyk.  Before him, Vonta Leach.  Before him McClain.  And always you've been able to run the ball.  And after Ricard is gone, you'll find another big guy with a motor that doesn't have a place in most offenses.  They are valuable, but not impactful in the way that a QB, #1 receiver, #1 RB, Left Tackle, 1000 yard TE are.  They just aren't.  Ricard plays less than a third of your snaps. 

Now where would you put Ricard in terms of impact players if he was on our team?

1st of all, KJ was a natural offensive player, Project Pat came out a FB but transitioned to DE. KJ's been to 4 pro bowls.

I put Project Pat over him in value.

After Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and Hardman, I would put Pat over Damien Williams because of the 2 way play