Chiefs' name and logo

With the Redskins likely changing their name and the baseball Indians and Braves already in discussion over it, what is your opinion on the likelihood that the Chiefs will have a name change within the next let's say 5 years? And do you believe they need to change it?

I predict his will end up in the LR like the other but I will cut n paste this to show the lunacy of it all

Home of the Redskins

Yá’át’ééh!

Red Mesa High School is a public high school serving Navajo students in ninth through twelfth grades. Our campus is located on the Navajo reservation, and if you know just where to look, you will find us tucked away in a very remote area of northeastern Arizona, about 25 miles southwest of the Four Corners. 

At RMHS, we are proud of our ancestry; we are proud of who we are, and we are proud to be the home of the Redskins.

https://hs.rmusd.net/

gallery_132_6_175998.jpg

21 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Redskins and Indians are derogatory terms. Unless you are from India that is. I don’t see Chiefs as the same thing. It is possible they stop the chop, but it’s pretty stupid anyway.

You and I don't see Chiefs as the same thing...but I am already seeing the franchise linked to the topic of name change. The SJW's out there will make sure the Chiefs name becomes part of the "cleansing".

I think they keep the  name,  but stylize the logo a bit more. The war chant and the chop will be officially gone but continued on by fans. 

Whatever they're going to do it, it will be pretty soon, while the team is great and Mahomes is amazing. 

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Not sure about this list- None of these are derogatory terms. ....except the Packers, maybe

Cowboys glorify gun violence

Vikings, raiders and Buccaneers glorify murder and thievery, and probably raping and pillaging.

Steelers and packers remind people that capitalist pig dogs stole their future.

Saints evokes religion, nuff said

And the Browns are the worst of all.  

Pretty easy if you try.

Next on the list any team names with animals.  Gotta appease the animal rights folks.  So no more ravens either.  The team glorifies violence against animals.

So here’s a thought...I know it’s probably pretty radical, but hear me out...

our primary color is red, right?  What if we keep the name, but re-brand ourselves as fire fighters?  The Kansas City (fire) Chiefs?  The logo goes from an arrow to a Fire Department looking logo.   scrap the Native American stuff and go with the first responder branding instead?  Tomahawk Chop chip becomes the fire axe chop (obviously gotta ditch the Native American chanting, but someone can some up with something).  Replace the war drum with something else and call it good.  Come up with a new name for Suzies horse and we’re 95% done and have a name that will never be offensive...

38 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

our primary color is red, right?  What if we keep the name, but re-brand ourselves as fire fighters?  The Kansas City (fire) Chiefs?  The logo goes from an arrow to a Fire Department looking logo.   scrap the Native American stuff and go with the first responder branding instead?  Tomahawk Chop chip becomes the fire axe chop (obviously gotta ditch the Native American chanting, but someone can some up with something).  Replace the war drum with something else and call it good.  Come up with a new name for Suzies horse and we’re 95% done and have a name that will never be offensive...

Hell no that is offensive and will trigger me. Love of my life ran away with a firefighter!

Jk

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I really don't understand what's different between this thread and the one that got moved to TLR.

maybe preventive maintenance? Some of the comments soo far in TLR's  dont qualify as CTO worthy.. hope your feeling didn't get hurt.

14 hours ago, xen said:

Cowboys glorify gun violence

Vikings, raiders and Buccaneers glorify murder and thievery, and probably raping and pillaging.

Steelers and packers remind people that capitalist pig dogs stole their future.

Saints evokes religion, nuff said

And the Browns are the worst of all.  

Pretty easy if you try.

Next on the list any team names with animals.  Gotta appease the animal rights folks.  So no more ravens either.  The team glorifies violence against animals.

They have 2 trained Ravens who fly around the stadium- PETA already took them to court....and lost

8 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Fire Chiefs? Nah.....

18 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Only one thing left to do and we need to do it quickly before someone else does.

Kansas City Transgenders.

Nobody can successfully argue against that. 

Nope...anything a non-transgendered person does to support the team would be seen as appropriation.