Chiefs' name and logo

• 6 months later...

Saw this on another site:

With Washington removing all Native American elements from their branding, the Chiefs should follow suit, to discourage further dressing up of fans in Native American regalia and remove the tomahawk chop.

There's an easy solution. The Chiefs have had a wolf mascot since the 1980s. So, the team should go all-out with a wolf-based branding and become the Kansas City Wolves. I'd totally be on board with such a change considering wolves are my third-favorite animal. As part of the rebranding, Arrowhead Stadium would change its name to The Wolves' Den.

Under such a name, a minor league affiliate in an NFL developmental league could have the nickname of "Pups", the term for baby wolves.

2 hours ago, 58shineson said:

I’d probably stop being a fan of this team if they did that. 

I'm with you

if cancel culture gets to the Chiefs

then I'll move on

ain't nothing disrespectful about the Chiefs or any of their branding, even from the early 60's

if anything, the native American culture has been celebrated and honored by the Chiefs

if they change, fuck 'em

I'll start watching culture-neutral sports like soccer... maybe even join the mob at games... and beat the shit out of opposing fans

as long as the team name doesn't offend, it's cool

I really could care less what the team name is.  I enjoy following this team and will continue to do so.  I do not follow them because of the name but because I enjoy it.  I will not be letting something as trivial as a team name affect me one way or another.

I like the name, colors, uniforms, logo, and also the Chop.  I don't care about or need the other Native American imagery.  I get why it bothers some and why the team is trying to reduce it.

I probably wouldn't abandon the team if they made a change, but that would depend on how stupid it was.

How about the Kansas City Compliers

Or the Kansas City Virtue Signallers

The KC Conformers has a nice ring to it

If they REALLY want to signal they care... they should cut Patrick Mahomes... I mean, our offense is offensive to less-fortunate teams.

24 minutes ago, mex said:

How about the Kansas City Compliers

Or the Kansas City Virtue Signallers

The KC Conformers has a nice ring to it

If they REALLY want to signal they care... they should cut Patrick Mahomes... I mean, our offense is offensive to less-fortunate teams.

Why not give about 1000 yards of Mahomes' passes to LJ8 so no one gets ahead of anyone else?  Every team gets a Lombardi trophy and rings for everyone.  It's the New America.