NFPLA votes no preseason?

oldtimer

Last Thursday, the NFLPA's board of representatives came to a unanimous decision that the entire 2020 NFL preseason should be canceled. In a memo obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the union recommended eliminating the preseason as a way to avoid injuries as well as greater health risks due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Even with the players united on that front, it's unclear what the final decision will be in terms of the preseason. However, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Robert Griffin III is hearing that what the NFLPA voted for is going to come to fruition.'

The NFL had recently announced that it would be cutting down the preseason to only two games, but it now looks like even further reductions could be made.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, oldtimer said:

no doubt..team cohesiveness  is a really big deal this year

Yeah. This helps us. But I really like the those UDFA getting a chance to shine. Also really helps teams evaluate depth. But we need it less than most teams so I am all in. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I imagine any player that's hospitalized would make the news. They probably carry the virus but athletes in their primes should have no trouble getting over it. 

My first thought would be offensive linemen tend to carry a lot of unnatural weight, meaning they have to work to keep the pounds packed on.  That may make them high risk.  

4 hours ago, xen said:

My first thought would be offensive linemen tend to carry a lot of unnatural weight, meaning they have to work to keep the pounds packed on.  That may make them high risk.  

yep,,my buddy that played O-Line for ND struggled to keep his 300#'s.. once he decided to not go pro he looked more like a TE .  The guy had to constantly eat it was almost painful to watch

NFL now proposing 1 preseason game be played. Chiefs and Texans rookies are supposed to report today. Players tweeting safety precautions aren't in place. Some states like California are talking about enacting a "stay at home" order....so much turmoil right now. Not sure how the NFL pulls off a season this year.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

NFL now proposing 1 preseason game be played. Chiefs and Texans rookies are supposed to report today. Players tweeting safety precautions aren't in place. Some states like California are talking about enacting a "stay at home" order....so much turmoil right now. Not sure how the NFL pulls off a season this year.

Dunno but only KC and 2 other teams have had their reopening plan approved by the NFLPA.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Dunno but only KC and 2 other teams have had their reopening plan approved by the NFLPA.

So if push comes to shove 3 teams play each other twice (4 games) then they each make the postseason best record gets a bye... 😝