Watkins takes a pay cut

On 7/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, jetlord said:

Not necessarily.  Kelce, Hill, and Hardman were not first rounders.  Sammy hasn't lived up to his first rounder expectations.  May be easier to find his replacement in the first, but also easy to whiff when better talent is available on the second day.  Jon Baldwin, Sly Mo are two examples. 

o.k. make that a first rounder, or someone who has off field issues that should of been a first rounder.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:14 PM, robgar said:

o.k. make that a first rounder, or someone who has off field issues that should of been a first rounder.

Hardman and Kelce weren't off field concerns.  Hardman was in a run first offense and Kelce was a small school guy.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

At least he was on the roster for about four years.  Was he a first round pick.  Memory is going bad. 

3rd I think 

just goes to show how evaluation is key... hence the veach thread

4 hours ago, xen said:

Hardman and Kelce weren't off field concerns.  Hardman was in a run first offense and Kelce was a small school guy.

Kelce was suspended from his team at one point. He had issues.

Houston, Hill, Peters, Hunt all recent players we took in the 1st or could have been taken much higher if not for off field issues.

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Houston, Hill, Peters, Hunt all recent players we took in the 1st or could have been taken much higher if not for off field issues.

Kelce was known as a bit of a hothead but nothing serious that dramatically affected his draft stock, but maybe by a round.  Kareem Hunt was another small school guy and didn't have any serious issues in college either.  Neither guy was a first round prospect.  I think you're reaching to try and make a point, on those 2 at least. JMO, I could be forgetting incidents I just don't remember much hullabaloo about those 2 in the draft.

56 minutes ago, xen said:

Kelce was known as a bit of a hothead but nothing serious that dramatically affected his draft stock, but maybe by a round.  Kareem Hunt was another small school guy and didn't have any serious issues in college either.  Neither guy was a first round prospect.  I think you're reaching to try and make a point, on those 2 at least. JMO, I could be forgetting incidents I just don't remember much hullabaloo about those 2 in the draft.

Hunt was good to go yes. I was looking at production post draft making a case for first rounder. Kelce did get suspended from the team which I bet affected his stock.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Peters was the only first round pick that was tainted.  Houston and Gay might have been first rounders without the baggage.