All 32 teams ranked by rosters

Find it interesting to see the defending champs back, healthy and having 19 of our 22 SB starters are ranked so low.

I know, it is just rankings but man we get the original starters back from injuries and those that played for them, it just baffled me. I do agree we need help in the CB and even LB position still but same guys won it all for us with Gay being drafted. Then to see TB do damn high? Just something to read on a slow day.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Biggest strength: The Chiefs have the best quarterback in the NFL, and I don't think there are many people out there arguing that point. It's the out-of-structure plays that capture the headlines for Patrick Mahomes. He is, of course, very good at those, as his 24 big-time throws (eight more than any other quarterback) outside the pocket since 2018 will attest, but he also does the little things well. From manipulating defenders with his eyes to making the right reads from a clean pocket, there isn't much to nitpick with his game. That makes the Chiefs one of the favorites to defend their Super Bowl title in 2020.

Biggest weakness: Kansas City did just win the Super Bowl with this cast of cornerbacks (plus Kendall Fuller, who left for Washington in free agency), but that doesn't make it any more of a strength. Bashaud Breeland did a decent job of limiting production with just 29 receptions allowed on the season, but his coverage grade of 51.3 indicates that it came with a fair amount of luck. The reception total also doesn't consider his 12 penalties on the season — tied for most at the cornerback position. A potential suspension following an offseason arrest for Breeland makes that starting spot even shakier.

X factor for 2020: The linebacking corps has been a problem for the Chiefs, but 2020 second-round pick Willie Gay Jr. adds an immediate dose of athleticism and coverage ability to the unit. Beside blowing the athletic testing out of the water at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, Gay has shown instincts in coverage in his limited action at Mississippi State; his 93.9 coverage grade on 294 career coverage snaps in college speaks to that. He could provide a nice spark to the defense as a rookie.

OFFENSE DEFENSE
QB Patrick Mahomes
(90.2)
DT Chris Jones
(87.6)
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
(85.0**)
DT Derrick Nnadi
(59.8)
RB Damien Williams
(65.7)
EDGE Frank Clark
(63.3)
TE Travis Kelce
(86.1)
EDGE Alex Okafor
(48.2)
WR Tyreek Hill
(84.5)
LB Damien Wilson
(50.4)
WR Sammy Watkins
(71.6)
LB Anthony Hitchens
(44.4)
WR Mecole Hardman
(68.1)
LB Willie Gay Jr.
(83.1**)
LT Eric Fisher
(71.2)
CB Charvarius Ward
(65.7)
LG Andrew Wylie
(67.4)
CB Bashaud Breeland
(55.2)
C Austin Reiter
(66.0)
CB Rashad Fenton
(71.9)
RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
(59.7)
SS Tyrann Mathieu
(75.4)
RT Mitchell Schwartz
(89.3)
FS Juan Thornhill
(71.5)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster-rankings-all-32-teams-ravens-first-jaguars-last

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Find it interesting to see the defending champs back, healthy and having 19 of our 22 SB starters are ranked so low.

I know, it is just rankings but man we get the original starters back from injuries and those that played for them, it just baffled me. I do agree we need help in the CB and even LB position still but same guys won it all for us with Gay being drafted. Then to see TB do damn high? Just something to read on a slow day.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Biggest strength: The Chiefs have the best quarterback in the NFL, and I don't think there are many people out there arguing that point. It's the out-of-structure plays that capture the headlines for Patrick Mahomes. He is, of course, very good at those, as his 24 big-time throws (eight more than any other quarterback) outside the pocket since 2018 will attest, but he also does the little things well. From manipulating defenders with his eyes to making the right reads from a clean pocket, there isn't much to nitpick with his game. That makes the Chiefs one of the favorites to defend their Super Bowl title in 2020.

Biggest weakness: Kansas City did just win the Super Bowl with this cast of cornerbacks (plus Kendall Fuller, who left for Washington in free agency), but that doesn't make it any more of a strength. Bashaud Breeland did a decent job of limiting production with just 29 receptions allowed on the season, but his coverage grade of 51.3 indicates that it came with a fair amount of luck. The reception total also doesn't consider his 12 penalties on the season — tied for most at the cornerback position. A potential suspension following an offseason arrest for Breeland makes that starting spot even shakier.

X factor for 2020: The linebacking corps has been a problem for the Chiefs, but 2020 second-round pick Willie Gay Jr. adds an immediate dose of athleticism and coverage ability to the unit. Beside blowing the athletic testing out of the water at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, Gay has shown instincts in coverage in his limited action at Mississippi State; his 93.9 coverage grade on 294 career coverage snaps in college speaks to that. He could provide a nice spark to the defense as a rookie.

OFFENSE DEFENSE
QB Patrick Mahomes
(90.2)
DT Chris Jones
(87.6)
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
(85.0**)
DT Derrick Nnadi
(59.8)
RB Damien Williams
(65.7)
EDGE Frank Clark
(63.3)
TE Travis Kelce
(86.1)
EDGE Alex Okafor
(48.2)
WR Tyreek Hill
(84.5)
LB Damien Wilson
(50.4)
WR Sammy Watkins
(71.6)
LB Anthony Hitchens
(44.4)
WR Mecole Hardman
(68.1)
LB Willie Gay Jr.
(83.1**)
LT Eric Fisher
(71.2)
CB Charvarius Ward
(65.7)
LG Andrew Wylie
(67.4)
CB Bashaud Breeland
(55.2)
C Austin Reiter
(66.0)
CB Rashad Fenton
(71.9)
RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
(59.7)
SS Tyrann Mathieu
(75.4)
RT Mitchell Schwartz
(89.3)
FS Juan Thornhill
(71.5)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster-rankings-all-32-teams-ravens-first-jaguars-last

So low? They are 4th dude. Thats a pretty damn good spot to be in. Our defense is still pretty crappy on paper. Glad the games aren't played there.

I expected them to be like 18th reading your post.

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So low? They are 4th dude. Thats a pretty damn good spot to be in. Our defense is still pretty crappy on paper. Glad the games aren't played there.

I expected them to be like 18th reading your post.

Defending champs with the same team and our draft picks.... i would have thought easily top 3, 2 most likely.  I know 4 aint bad but when you take SF who lost some offensive weapons and traded away a top DT etc..... 

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I keep reading 19 of 22 starters, but damned if I can find a starter that didn’t return.

19 out of 22 that started for us in the SB. We got many starters back that went on IR too before then.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

What 2 though. Is it Fuller and Ragland? Not sure they are starters. Fuller was 4 on a mediocre CB squad that filled in for injury at safety.

Regular starters we are 22 I think.

Who was the starter after Okafor went down?  Ogbah and Kpass weren't starters, but started until about week 15. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 11:05 PM, DieHard said:

I keep reading 19 of 22 starters, but damned if I can find a starter that didn’t return.

May be that's simply hoping the 3 interior linemen wouldn't return 🙄

In seriousness Ragland and Fuller were starters but I don't know who the 3rd one is. May be someone that took over someone else due to injury is named as a starter that left. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

In seriousness Ragland and Fuller were starters but I don't know who the 3rd one is. May be someone that took over someone else due to injury is named as a starter that left. 

Wisniewski. He was a starter for the SB and will not return. Again though the regular starters we had before him will be back.

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wisniewski. He was a starter for the SB and will not return. Again though the regular starters we had before him will be back.

Forgot all about him, I wish we had him coming back instead of pretty much any of the 3 "starters" we have on paper now. 

13 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think Fuller was the #4 CB that filled in for injury at safety because they had no faith in Watts. I don’t consider that losing a starter. Ragland, I guess kind of is.