Beer pong gone wrong resulted in Post Malone getting tattoo of Patrick Mahomes’ signature

Beer pong gone wrong resulted in Post Malone getting tattoo of Patrick Mahomes’ signature

Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2020, 8:47 AM EDT

GettyImages-1204455717-e1594730769911.jp
Getty Images

The half-billion-dollar man has found himself under the GQ microscope, a hot seat that has caused other football players to say things they may regret. Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes avoided that in the new feature for the magazine. But Mahomes did tell an interesting story about a beer pong game with Post Malone.

Malone was in town for a show on the same day of the Chiefs’ Super Bowl parade. As explained by Clay Skipper of GQ, Malone invited Mahomes for a visit before the performance began. Mahomes brought Malone a red jersey, and then Malone challenged Mahomes and tight end Travis Kelce to a game of beer pong.

Mahomes and Kelce began to win, and Malone began to get upset; Malone told Skipper that the rapper is a “pretty f–king competitive beer pong player.” Malone kept changing partners in the hopes of changing his luck against Mahomes and Kelce.

Skipper explains that Malone’s manager said after nine or 10 games that it was time to start the show. Malone refused, wanting to win a game before ending the beer-guzzling marathon. At game 14 or 15, Malone asked Mahomes and Kelce to sign their names on a piece of paper, telling them he’d have their autographs tattooed on his body if they beat him again.

And they did.

“He has a tattoo artist literally in the room,” Mahomes told Skipper. “I’m like, ‘Dude, you do not actually have to get a tattoo of our autographs.'” But Malone honored his promise and got the tattoos.

So between the Super Bowl parade and the Post Malone beer pong contest, how much beer did Mahomes drink that day? Skipper put the over-under at 20, and Mahomes said, “Way over.” With a caveat: “[H]alf the beers were on my clothes.”

Half the beers were on his clothes, and his signature as scribbled after more than 20 beers will always be on Post Malone’s body

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I actually saw Post Malone in concert.  He is a pretty good guy.  Probably a little too hip for all you guys that still have Lynyrd Skynyrd posters in your room. 

He was at the Preakness a few years ago....not bad but I am not buying his CD's

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

great read thanks for posting Handswarmer.

Just goes to show what comes with winning and how I'm sure some of these young kids can easily get into trouble haha

Also goes to show that you don't challenge two professional athletes to games that involve physical skill. 

Funny...this story came out right after the Super Bowl...wonder why it’s being retold for GQ...

For all you guys that are past Skynyrd but we’re there for Nirvana, Post Malone did a 90 minute set of Nirvana covers when covid first started tnat was spectacular.  Both Courtney Love and Dave Grohl have their endorsement

15 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Funny...this story came out right after the Super Bowl...wonder why it’s being retold for GQ...

For all you guys that are past Skynyrd but we’re there for Nirvana, Post Malone did a 90 minute set of Nirvana covers when covid first started tnat was spectacular.  Both Courtney Love and Dave Grohl have their endorsement

I just checked that out.  Thank you. 

22 hours ago, Balto said:

I think you just showed your age by saying CD...Don't kids just download everything these days?

I actually typed "Albums" and then erased it....LOL

I still have some 44's that are made from asphalt- old Jazz from the 30's and 40's. My dad was a collector and Jazz afficionado

12 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I actually typed "Albums" and then erased it....LOL

I still have some 44's that are made from asphalt- old Jazz from the 30's and 40's. My dad was a collector and Jazz afficionado

Pretty cool!  You still play them?

On 7/15/2020 at 10:18 PM, Balto said:

Pretty cool!  You still play them?

YES! I have an old player that has an adapter for them. I keep it at my Mom's house and pull it out every year or so. She is 83 and my Dad would be 95 (he passed away in 1998) so it takes her back to better days.