Jones signs 4 year deal

Mahomes got criticized for not taking more money...especially on the front end. This is a big reason why. He knew what he needed to do to get paid AND get the Jones deal done.

To all the fans out there thinking their team might be in the mix for Jones I say BWAHAHAHA!!

1 hour ago, SarcasticOne said:

I have two questions that I know we'll have to wait and see on.  First, is Jones going to continue to produce, or will he start having injuries left and right?  Second, what do the Chiefs to if there is a $30 million drop in the salary cap next year?

1.  Chris jones didn't miss any games until this season.  He's still played in 95% of the games he's been eligible for as a chief.  They were a groin injury and a calf injury.  Both insignificant injuries that won't linger

2.  Veach will do more creative restructuring.  But then again, most teams will be in a similar situation, so lots of high paid players across the league could get cut, opening the door for a cheaper replacement player that could very well play to the same level as the person they are replacing.

2 hours ago, SarcasticOne said:

I have two questions that I know we'll have to wait and see on.  First, is Jones going to continue to produce, or will he start having injuries left and right?  Second, what do the Chiefs to if there is a $30 million drop in the salary cap next year?

It seems by what I have been reading that if anything it will be a FLAT Cap for 2021 meaning it will stay the same.  Seems like thats the worst case

4 minutes ago, West said:

and Chris Jones "showed up" for the playoffs and the Super Bowl.  He absolutely came through with sacks and blocked passes.

He, Clark and Honeybadger are All Pro's and in their prime.   You build around guys like that...

w

Agree. Can't wait to see what Willie Gay brings to this D. He'll have his rookie brain farts by I think he's really going to play well with this defense. 

50 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Agree. Can't wait to see what Willie Gay brings to this D. He'll have his rookie brain farts by I think he's really going to play well with this defense. 

But will he run away from tackling a player then later in his rookie deal line up off sides to cost us a trip to the SB type of farts?