8 hours ago, West said:

I think he has to keep drafting well. Otherwise the model falls apart much sooner....

w

that's what NE was always so good at... along with picking up respectable FAs on the cheap 

8 hours ago, West said:

I think he has to keep drafting well. Otherwise the model falls apart much sooner....

w

Ask Elway. He cant draft worth shit and when he does well, he loses them because he cant retain them. Either he has a shit ton to spend or way to many FA to retain on 2nd contracts. I love how he fucks it up too.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:37 PM, West said:

w

It's all about drafting well and coaching the rookies/FAs. I think the most overlooked part of the SB run has been the coaching upgrades we got. Pretty much every player performed better than they ever did with the new staff which was very critical. Otherwise the team falls apart when you cannot pay the top talent any more. With Mahomes' rookie deal up in 2 years we still have time to replace some positions with cheaper youngsters but who knows what the cap will be under current circumstances. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

It's all about drafting well and coaching the rookies/FAs. I think the most overlooked part of the SB run has been the coaching upgrades we got. Pretty much every player performed better than they ever did with the new staff which was very critical. Otherwise the team falls apart when you cannot pay the top talent any more. With Mahomes' rookie deal up in 2 years we still have time to replace some positions with cheaper youngsters but who knows what the cap will be under current circumstances. 

Agree.  Daley, House, and Spags did a lot to upgrade the coaching.  The problem, as I see it, is that they will get offers to move up to coordinators or HC positions.  The Chiefs are lucky they have no staff changes this season.  If they can make and keep effective draftees for fours and then swap them for third round picks, they can afford to keep a core of ten to twelve solid starters on second or third contracts.  The key is drafting well. 

25 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  Daley, House, and Spags did a lot to upgrade the coaching.  The problem, as I see it, is that they will get offers to move up to coordinators or HC positions.  The Chiefs are lucky they have no staff changes this season.  If they can make and keep effective draftees for fours and then swap them for third round picks, they can afford to keep a core of ten to twelve solid starters on second or third contracts.  The key is drafting well. 

This has been a weird offseason for sure but it may have been lucky for us as we got to retain quite a bit of coaches. I'm guessing we'll start losing some of them by 2021.