How many more years for Andy

18 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he hitches his wagon to Mahomes and retires when Mahomes does.

Man I just don't see that.  Lets say Pat retires very early at age 36 when this contract is up.  I'm not sure Andy will keep going until age 74!

27 minutes ago, xen said:

Andy will drop dead before he retires.  He's a lifer and unless he gets dementia will continue to innovate.  Maybe try the keto diet though coach, we need you.

This

I've always thought he would be fitting for Andy to die of a heart attack on the sidelines.  Don't want it to happen but just saying

12 minutes ago, Balto said:

This

I've always thought he would be fitting for Andy to die of a heart attack on the sidelines.  Don't want it to happen but just saying

14 minutes ago, Balto said:

Man I just don't see that.  Lets say Pat retires very early at age 36 when this contract is up.  I'm not sure Andy will keep going until age 74!

So you think he won't keep going until 74, but you think he's a lifer?  Ergo you think he dies in the next 11 years?

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

So you think he won't keep going until 74, but you think he's a lifer?  Ergo you think he dies in the next 11 years?

I used the word fitting....as an adjective, suitable or appropriate under the circumstances

I THINK he will probably hang it up no longer than say 6-8 years from now.

7 minutes ago, West said:

I was going to say 5 more years or 3 SB's but he may want to get the Chiefs to 6 SB's.

w

I do think winning Super Bowls will keep him around longer than if the team under performs 

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

I used the word fitting....as an adjective, suitable or appropriate under the circumstances

I THINK he will probably hang it up no longer than say 6-8 years from now.

I misunderstood.  You said "This" to Xen's post that said he's a lifer unless he gets dementia.   

Didn't George Halas coach the Bears until age 72?  Of course, being the team owner helped his job security.  I lived in the Chicago area at the time of his retirement and he was considered ancient.  If Reid lasted until that age, he would pretty much cover the bulk of Mahomes's best years. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Didn't George Halas coach the Bears until age 72?  Of course, being the team owner helped his job security.  I lived in the Chicago area at the time of his retirement and he was considered ancient.  If Reid lasted until that age, he would pretty much cover the bulk of Mahomes's best years. 

Got me curious:

1)  George Halas(Papa Bear):  72 years old in 1967

2)  Marv Levy:  72 years old in 1997

3)  Al Saunders:  71 years old in 2018

4)  Gunther Cunningham:  70 years old in 2016

5)  Tom Coughlin:  69 years old in 2015

6)  Dick Vermeil:  69 years old in 2005

7)  Pete Carroll:  Will turn 69 years old this season

8 )  Bill Belichick:  Will turn 68 this season

9)  Bruce Arians:  Will turn 68 this season

10)  Paul Brown:  67 years old in 1975

IS it strange that half these guys have been with KC at some point?  haha

Seems pretty likely that Andy finishes his career with the 4th most career wins.  And based on the current coaches win totals it seems like he could hold that position for a long long time.  Not sure who the most likely to catch him would be.  Tomlin I guess.  Sean Payton and Harbaugh also have an outside chance I guess. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_head_coaches_with_50_wins

Well lets look at it like this:

Andy has 207 HC wins all time  

Andy was HC of Philly for 14 years

Andy needs 8 more years in KC to have coached a total of 15 years in KC.(Maybe likes the idea of coaching more seasons in KC than Philly?)

8 more years would put Andy at Age 70(nice round number)

Say he averages an 11-5 record in those 8 years.(His avg record ATM in KC is 11-5)

That would give him 207+88 =295(not counting playoff wins) to put him in the top 5 HC wins of all time! 

That will put Mahomes at only age 32, cant believe he is only 24, but a perfect time for Reid to pass on the reigns to someone else as Patrick should know the system in and out.

SO I'm gonna say Heart attack on the sideline during a game OR age 70...Which ever comes first

15 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Seems pretty likely that Andy finishes his career with the 4th most career wins.  And based on the current coaches win totals it seems like he could hold that position for a long long time.  Not sure who the most likely to catch him would be.  Tomlin I guess.  Sean Payton and Harbaugh also have an outside chance I guess. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_head_coaches_with_50_wins

Ya I think Tomlin has the best chance but Payton and Harbaugh are to old at this point.  I was hoping Belichick would of retired when Brady left so Andy could catch him haha

The one thing is that IF Andy coaches to what ever age Belichick hangs it up he MIGHT be able to pass him!

Belichick is 68 with 273 wins

Andy is 62 with 207 wins

Give Andy 6 years with an avg of 11 wins a season that puts him at age 68 with 273 wins!  

Guess it matters how long Bill hangs on for.  

Andy will stay here as long as he wants. He’s in the perfect situation with the best QB and offense of his career. This is what he’s been waiting for. 
I think he relishes being the wizard behind the Mahomes phenomenon and will stay as long as he can, 5 more years minimum. 
But, yeah, to do so he has to take care of himself.

P90x, my man. Dial up Tony.