13 hours ago, dhitter said:

Beating the Niners was great cuz it got us a Championship. But for sheer satisfaction for me....it was beating the Titans. I was at the game in Nashville back in November. We had that game won and the Chiefs fans were loud and letting the homers know they were about to lose. Of course the ridiculous happened and we lost. The Titans fans were brutal in their jeering. I never wanted payback so bad. Needless to say the AFCCG was extra satisfying for me. 

For sure especially after that playoff lost to them a couple years back. Still brings jitters to my body thinking of mariota catching his own pass for a touchdown. Just Wtf ya know? Lmao

23 hours ago, dhitter said:

Beating the Niners was great cuz it got us a Championship. But for sheer satisfaction for me....it was beating the Titans. I was at the game in Nashville back in November. We had that game won and the Chiefs fans were loud and letting the homers know they were about to lose. Of course the ridiculous happened and we lost. The Titans fans were brutal in their jeering. I never wanted payback so bad. Needless to say the AFCCG was extra satisfying for me. 

I too was at that game and remember leaving that stadium VERY disappointed...

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

Born in KC MO. Grew up in small SE Iowa farm town. Live in Des Moines the last 20-years. Will be migrating to Florida in the semi-near future. Entire family still lives in KC. 

Newton is my hometown where my family lives as I work in El Paso. Born and raised in Cedar Rapids.

4 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I too was at that game and remember leaving that stadium VERY disappointed...

But like I said the AFCCG?.....very satisfying. I had so many friends (Titans fans) telling me how Henry was going to get at least 150 yards and how we couldn't stop him. I guess that's why the play the game...lol.

On 7/17/2020 at 12:27 AM, azchief21 said:

How did you become a Chiefs fan?

Hey, I became a chief fan in 1970 . It was the first super bowl I ever watched . I was wearing chief clothes back in elementary school. I still have friends of mine who remind me of that ! I’ve been a die hard ever since ! I remember staying up late on Monday night to catch highlightes  from Howard Cosell on MNF. Then when direct tv came on the seen , I was all in every week ! Love chiefs nation!

22 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Newton is my hometown where my family lives as I work in El Paso. Born and raised in Cedar Rapids.

The Newton Speedway has really helped that area rebound from Maytag leaving. I haven’t been to a race, but I hear it’s an excellent facility.  Des Moines - and Iowa in general - leans heavily toward The Chiefs as the team of choice. Especially since Mahomes. 

4 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

The Newton Speedway has really helped that area rebound from Maytag leaving. I haven’t been to a race, but I hear it’s an excellent facility.  Des Moines - and Iowa in general - leans heavily toward The Chiefs as the team of choice. Especially since Mahomes. 

It's a great time. I have been on the field holding the flag to being in out row and garage area when I was in as active guard out of camp dodge. Just like any other sport it is a great thing to see it live. I highly recommend it once and  I am not even a racing fan.

20 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The inventor od the phone booth?  Thats kinda cool. 

No, the inventor of the Lead Hair Dryer

20 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Had some good times in Bel Air when i was there.

Cool little town...lots of nice bars, etc....

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

He was probably a Ravens fan. 

Considering he was an actor, and his brother and Dad were famous actors at the time also, I am guessing he was a little dramatic.

Therefore, he was probably a Chiefs fan.....

8 hours ago, nmchiefsfan said:

Albuquerque area.  My folks are from KCK so I was raised a Chiefs fan.  My first "Chiefs" memory was the party my parents threw after the SB win over the Vikings.  I was 4.  This pictures is of my mom at the end of this years game.  Pretty much says it all as to how I became a Chiefs fan!  

GrannySB.jpg

that was such a sweet moment

just as sweet after the 49th time rewatching the game