Why is it Kelce has a reputation of not blocking? I've seen plenty of blocks by him that sprung huge plays. Kittle is seen as a better TE by many pundits because of this issue. Kittle may be the more dominant blocker but Kelce is still doing it and is a better route runner and pass catcher IMO.

8 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Why is it Kelce has a reputation of not blocking? I've seen plenty of blocks by him that sprung huge plays. Kittle is seen as a better TE by many pundits because of this issue. Kittle may be the more dominant blocker but Kelce is still doing it and is a better route runner and pass catcher IMO.

I think it's probably because he rarely lines up inside and does normal tight end shit.  He blocks well in space but some people have an expectation that tight ends line up tight and become like a 2nd tackle.  That's just not his game.  But you're right, he's a willing blocker just not traditional.

Just now, reesebobby said:

Blocking is overrated?  Or Kelce. 

Kittle

Kelce better route runner. Not asked to block a whole lot.

I would put Mark Andrews over Kittle. Even Darren Waller was better- to bad he couldn't stay of the dope and be a Raven after we  drafted him. Did you know he was the Great Grandson of Fats Waller, the Jazz legend?

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Kittle

Kelce better route runner. Not asked to block a whole lot.

I would put Mark Andrews over Kittle. Even Darren Waller was better- to bad he couldn't stay of the dope and be a Raven after we  drafted him. Did you know he was the Great Grandson of Fats Waller, the Jazz legend?

I agree Kittle is overrated and Andrews is underrated.  Kelce is still by far the best suited for Reid's O.

It's hard to compare Kittle and Kelce because offensive systems are different. They are asked to do different things ...yet the blocking aspect is seen as more valuable by analysts? I don't get it.. I do know NFL coaches voted Kelce #1. That speaks more IMO.

Kelce blocks in open space and whenever he lines up in close formations but in reality he's just a big WR playing in the middle. Also he's far from the classical blocking TEs that are generally closer to being a linemen than a receiver. 

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

It's hard to compare Kittle and Kelce because offensive systems are different. They are asked to do different things ...yet the blocking aspect is seen as more valuable by analysts? I don't get it.. I do know NFL coaches voted Kelce #1. That speaks more IMO.

Its always been that way.  We used to get the same thing with Gonzo.  We got the same thing with the Gronk - Kelce comparisons.  But Kelce being the first tight end in history with 4 straight 1000 yd seasons speaks for itself.  Kittle is a great player though.  Guy is a beast.

3 hours ago, robgar said:

kittle wants to get back to the superbowl..

I gotta league minimum contract i am willing to give him, to be the 2nd tight end :)

We have enough cap space to double his salary for this year. Have a heart.

5 hours ago, robgar said:

kittle wants to get back to the superbowl..

I gotta league minimum contract i am willing to give him, to be the 2nd tight end :)

Would just slap Kelce in the slot and Kittle play TE

I’ve seen Kelce get beat a couple of times, but I think his blocking is mostly as a support guy in double teams or chips. He seems to do fine in running game.

I think this is just a bunch of BS discussion born of stupid Madden ratings that mean nothing when the game is basically a dice roll on animations.

Kelce is a finesse TE. Kittle is a mauler. One fits our fast offense vs. San Fran’s more power offense with speed players. Any team would be fortunate to have them and have success.

kelce is better than tony... give it the fuck up.. he does everything he needs to do.

you can knock his blocking, but then watch some tape.... 

the man is the best tight end in the history of the game.

13 minutes ago, mex said:

kittle is not overrated

he's not better than kelce but he's a great TE

Than I’m correct in saying he is overrated because people say he is overall better than Kelce which we both don’t agree.....thus making him overrated 

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

Than I’m correct in saying he is overrated because people say he is overall better than Kelce which we both don’t agree.....thus making him overrated 

what people? SF fans is all

10 hours ago, Balto said:

Kittle is a top-3 TE in the NFL. There's no way a player can be overrated in such a situation. I think Kelce is better but still doesn't make the next best thing or the next one after that overrated. 

let's not be stupid here... Kittle is flat out amazing

without him, SF isn't in the SB

he and Kelce are two different players, each with their own set of assets, each with their own niche on two entirely different offenses