LDT opts out 2020 season

1 hour ago, xen said:

Yes he only gets the 150k

Yeah, good news. I meant we get 5.5 million them for him not playing. Veach and getting a cut or restructure may have enough for another good player, Clowney? That or roll it over to next year for possibly a smaller cap space and take some of the hit away from it all.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah, good news. I meant we get 5.5 million them for him not playing. Veach and getting a cut or restructure may have enough for another good player, Clowney? That or roll it over to next year for possibly a smaller cap space and take some of the hit away from it all.

So we save the total 2020 cap of $5.5M?  Or just his 2020 salary of $3.5M, which doesn’t include the $2M signing bonus?

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

So we save the total 2020 cap of $5.5M?  Or just his 2020 salary of $3.5M, which doesn’t include the $2M signing bonus?

Probably then just 2.75 million minus the 150k in savings then as i believe that was his base pay minus any other goals he could have made?

He has a medical degree, is there a reason why he’s sticking with the orderly job? Is that because of licensing or because he feels he can help more this way? I have heard a lot about what nurses do in this pandemic and I understand that orderlies would also be of great assistance, so I don’t know what doctors do here comparatively.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

It will make a lot more sense once the season is cancelled as well. The first team to get an outbreak, they cancel it all. That includes college.

Not so sure.  Maybe if some players get a serious case and are hospitalized, there will be changes or cancellations, but just testing positive or showing mild symptoms will only change the players available for a couple of games.  Salvy Perez is back playing for the Royals after testing positive and isolating for a while. 

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

He has a medical degree, is there a reason why he’s sticking with the orderly job? Is that because of licensing or because he feels he can help more this way? I have heard a lot about what nurses do in this pandemic and I understand that orderlies would also be of great assistance, so I don’t know what doctors do here comparatively.

He doesn’t have longer enough time between seasons to do an intern program. Or so I read. That may have something to do with this decision.

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

It will make a lot more sense once the season is cancelled as well. The first team to get an outbreak, they cancel it all. That includes college.

I think it will take a death of a player to stop the season and nothing else

If my memory serves me correct Wylie played a lot better at RG than LG.   My guess is its Rankin at LG and Wylie at RG unless Niang or Remmers can outplay either for a spot.  We reportedly had 1 million after rookie pool this year so that ~2.5 million will help give us a little cushion.   

12 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If my memory serves me correct Wylie played a lot better at RG than LG.   My guess is its Rankin at LG and Wylie at RG unless Niang or Remmers can outplay either for a spot.  We reportedly had 1 million after rookie pool this year so that ~2.5 million will help give us a little cushion.   

Could Allegretti have a role to play?  I think the Chiefs have enough mediocre IOL to field a functional team.  The trick will be to have someone step up to a higher level or find a one year vet off the wire. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Could Allegretti have a role to play?  I think the Chiefs have enough mediocre IOL to field a functional team.  The trick will be to have someone step up to a higher level or find a one year vet off the wire. 

What about Greg Senat? We got him off Baltimore practice squad.  He would be an athletic guard type. 

11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

What about Greg Senat? We got him off Baltimore practice squad.  He would be an athletic guard type. 

We have a ton of guys like that just need a few to step their game up and develop.   As much love as Andy Heck gets when is the last time he took an unknown and turned them into anything better than below avg.   The last two good C we’ve had were 2nd round draft picks.   Not like we’ve developed anyone really for the past decade.