LDT opts out 2020 season

What about Cordy Glenn?  Played more guard in college than tackle and Bengals wanted him at LG before their starting tackle went down for the season.  Could be a cheap 1 year upgrade over LDT.

Well, I guess everyone that was complaining about LDT during the season can take a sigh of relief. I think he played really well down the stretch. Finally, he stayed healthy... What about that Parker Ehinger character he's a FA. Can't stay healthy, maybe worth another shot he was ballin back before he got hurt in that Colts game about 3 or so years back.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

What about Cordy Glenn?  Played more guard in college than tackle and Bengals wanted him at LG before their starting tackle went down for the season.  Could be a cheap 1 year upgrade over LDT.

Cordy glenn is a player i always liked. He struggles at tackle but is a beast guard. I do have to admit injuries may have him beat at this point im not sure.

i think larry warford would be the dream but is very unlikely. I trust the chiefs to patch together an o line and secondary, they have talent where is matters at the skill positions and d line.

I think at this point in time anyone is a possibility.  Clowney was asking for 17 million but rumors say he play for 9 million/1yr.    Larry Wolford said he was looking for 7 million which means he could probably be had for a couple million less.  I’d say 1/5m. With incentives that could reach 6-7 if he makes a pro bowl or all pro team.     

The way it's reported in the media is a bit silly. He's not backing off due to the possibility of catching the virus but rather giving his medical degree precedence over his NFL career. At 29, being a doctor, I understand his decision.

The part I'm curious about is the cap ramifications, he has some dead money but are we still obligated for all of it when the player opts out? 

18 hours ago, sith13 said:

The way it's reported in the media is a bit silly. He's not backing off due to the possibility of catching the virus but rather giving his medical degree precedence over his NFL career. At 29, being a doctor, I understand his decision.

The part I'm curious about is the cap ramifications, he has some dead money but are we still obligated for all of it when the player opts out? 

Only the prorated signing bonus this year.  His salary rolls over to 2021.

That would be too much of a conspiracy theory and really petty for any franchise (may be BB would consider it). The key is no Chiefs player really opted out as the idea of a dynasty is probably very sweet but who knows. LDT is a doctor who chose to help in an area of need rather than playing football for a year. Others are opting out to reduce health risks whereas LDT opted out to pursue an area with a lot more health risks than playing, the exact opposite IMO. 

This is huge and why Pats have like $35-$40M in cap now lol.  If I were the pats I’d sign a guy like Clowney to a 4 year deal worth around $18M a year avg but give him that $40M extra cap in 2020 thus the next 3 years are non guaranteed and only about $10M cap hit each of the next 3 years.

18 hours ago, sith13 said:

Probably doesn't have much impact for 2020 as the big contracts are mostly set but the rollover will definitely help with the added burden in 2021.

We prob a have about $9M in cap space atm.  Could be enough for Veach to make a move for a player

1 hour ago, Balto said:

We prob a have about $9M in cap space atm.  Could be enough for Veach to make a move for a player

Unless there's a solid DB out there I doubt Veach will spend that money. We still need some wiggle room and probably more than usual with the uncertainty coming with COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if we roll it all over to 2021.

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Could be enough to roll into next season when cap gets tight if it's reduced.   I don't expect many big signings this fall.  To much uncertainty.  

I would roll it to next year and use it to resign our own; or any upcoming players to FA to get extensions and possible cap relief again later too.

Kpass, Ward and a few others next year but 2022 we have Schwartz, Fisher, Mathieu, Kelce, Okafor, Nnadi etc.  

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I would roll it to next year and use it to resign our own; or any upcoming players to FA to get extensions and possible cap relief again later too.

Kpass, Ward and a few others next year but 2022 we have Schwartz, Fisher, Mathieu, Kelce, Okafor, Nnadi etc.  

I wonder if those contracts are guaranteed next year or can KC cut those two?

I think for most teams, YES roll that extra cap into next season.  With KC I think we are a win it all or bust mode thus take this opportunity to become stronger this year while other teams are weaker.

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

I think for most teams, YES roll that extra cap into next season.  With KC I think we are a win it all or bust mode thus take this opportunity to become stronger this year while other teams are weaker.

But I wouldn't gamble it on a season that isn't even guaranteed to finish.