Alex Smith Cleared to return to Football

KC Warpaint

Chase career earnings according to Spotrac.com

$34,309,164

I found snap counts but only from 2012 and on so this isn't accurate in this regard but it shows he played in 561 snaps including special teams so:

$34,309,164 / 561= $61,157.16

I found his regular stats(throws, runs, catches, and sacks) so based on that

$34,309,164 / 292= $117,497.14

Just for fun but $6,861,832.80 per start

I am sure if I actually tried I could find more exact stats but its Chase Daniel nobody really cares and he isn't worth my time.

1 hour ago, timmy_6262 said:

Chase career earnings according to Spotrac.com

$34,309,164

I found snap counts but only from 2012 and on so this isn't accurate in this regard but it shows he played in 561 snaps including special teams so:

$34,309,164 / 561= $61,157.16

I found his regular stats(throws, runs, catches, and sacks) so based on that

$34,309,164 / 292= $117,497.14

Just for fun but $6,861,832.80 per start

I am sure if I actually tried I could find more exact stats but its Chase Daniel nobody really cares and he isn't worth my time.

That is a lot, but I do think if he could play, he’d rather play. I don’t know if injury chances affect that or not, but there are players that would rather sit and be paid.

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, jetlord said:

That's a little harsh.  Smith didn't have the great arm or inclination to take chances deep, but he also didn't have the weapons until Maclin and later Hunt and Hill came along.  Whatever he did in mentoring Mahomes, it was effective.  With Reid here, Smith couldn't ruin Pat's style. 

Yep. Smith did the best with what he had and won here. But, with Pat, Reid is a wizard in a candy store and can get as creative as he likes knowing his QB can pull it off. 

"It's not something I can walk away from and be able to sleep at night if I did," he said. "I don't think I could look my kids in the eyes and talk to them about giving it their all and pushing through things. We all face adversity in life. Was I going to talk about it or be about it? For me, that's what it is. However this comes out, I'll be better off for it. I continue to make gains. That continues to excite me, that I can keep pushing and at some point I'll find out what my limitations are. But I haven't found them yet."

"I know a lot of people probably think it's funny that I'm even pursuing this. I really feel like I need to see where this ends. I need to, I need to see what my limitations are, what I'm capable of.

"I really feel like I've been faced with this giant challenge in life. I can't help it. I think that my three little kids see everything that I do. And for me, just kind of continuing to push this and see where it goes, you know, and, and no expectations."

I felt like a 16-year-old again. The nerves, the feeling of excitement, obviously anxiety. All that stuff of being alive, the range of emotions of going out there with your teammates. That's why you play.“

• 1 month later...

I’m not certain that Smith will play against the Rams or later this season, but I think it’s pretty neat for him to suit up. Wearing on the roster is great, but street clothes these past four games couldn’t possibly feel real. Even putting on real pads, being a helmet to hear the calls (as backups wear), and knowing you are one snap away from action, must be pretty exciting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30060992/washington-benching-dwayne-haskins-kyle-allen-quarterback-source-says

Bad line, a defense who knows the calls are short, knows the QB won’t scramble too much, and a QB who is known for short passes coming into his first game in almost two years. But it was good to see him out there and while the throws were purposefully short, that Donald is something. I just saw the Smith plays, not the rest of the game. It’s great that even IF Kyle Allen finishes the year, Smith’s last play didn’t end on a stretcher.

https://youtu.be/mJURGFl3-T4

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Two of the three interceptions were bad (one of them the runningback fell down as the ball was being released, one he threw too high and tipped, and one was too late). 24-32, 325 yards, 1 touchdown. Moving better, working with the ones now, starting on Sunday.