Well he basically had a year of last year to rest and get healthy.  Could be a good fit. 

I like him at RG and Rankin at LG

Let Yasir Durant the UDRFA develop for s year and replace him at RG next year.  

We have some nice vets on the roster and some intriguing youth to develop.  

Vets:

Fisher

Schwartz

Reiter 

Remmers

Wylie

Osemele

Youth: 

Rankin

Niang

Senat

Barton

Durant

Williams

Allegretti 

I wanted him a few years ago. He had issues last year with the Jers on how serious his injury was and took care of it himself. At age 31 I think he has a good 3 years left and is a solid signing. If anything, he gets beaten out then even better for depth. He will be playing for one last contract 

On October 15, 2019, it was revealed that Osemele suffered a shoulder injury and was contemplating surgery.[16]Osemele’s doctors told him that he needed surgery for his injury, but the Jets organization was not approving his surgery, so he was fined for every practice that he missed due to his injury. On October 26, 2019, Osemele was released from the team after undergoing shoulder surgery.”

So yes maybe Jets medical staff missed something and could be a great signing now that’s he’s gtg.

Ravens drafted him and developed him- left for the big pay day after winning a title. Missed almost all of 2013 due to back surgery

Made Pro Bowl in 17-18, traded by Gruden for a 5th rd pick. Salary dump

Could be a good signing- since he missed just about 2 seasons, he has less miles on the tires.

13 hours ago, West said:

Solid signing.  Our GM had this teed up and ready....Veach is super.

w

I'm pretty sure LDT talked with him prior to the announcement so Veach simply got out and took action. Or Veach simply prepared for a doctor giving up on the season with a great foresight, which would be even better :D 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Up to 2 million

"Up to 2 million" should mean quite a few incentives based on starting and decent play that can be measured. In such a scenario I'm fine with him earning 100% of that contract and providing good protection up front :)

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

"Up to 2 million" should mean quite a few incentives based on starting and decent play that can be measured. In such a scenario I'm fine with him earning 100% of that contract and providing good protection up front :)

He can play zone or power but he is a road grader for the run game and is solid in pass pro. Just need some one to step it up at center

On 7/27/2020 at 2:11 AM, kkuenn said:

He can play zone or power but he is a road grader for the run game and is solid in pass pro. Just need some one to step it up at center

Assuming Osemele plays LG full time, who is the starting RG?  Wiley, Rankin, Niang?  Is Allegretti just the backup OC?  

On 7/27/2020 at 12:11 AM, kkuenn said:

Not sure its a need at center? KC did win it all with Reiter. Would be nice though. 

11 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Not sure its a need at center? KC did win it all with Reiter. Would be nice though. 

Reiter looked like a decent backup in 2018 but definitely not good enough to be the man as seen in 2019. We won it all but had some rough times with some of the players, no need to stop upgrading. Sometimes a single mistake can ruin a season and bad players tend to make more mistakes.