I think your starting guards, health permitted, are Osemele and Wylie.  I think Wylie and Rankin battle it out for that RG spot.  I actually like Rankin better for that spot but Wylie probably has the inside track due to experience and athleticism.

Osemele is pretty active looking for trouble so putting him between Fish and Reiter, where he can help, makes a lot of sense.  He's primarily played LG.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I'd like Veach to look at trading for a center.  Kelce would be the best out there but I just find it hard to believe we go into the season with what we have at center.

I think he has a RING?  So its not hard for me to believe it. Hard to have an all pro at every position.

4 hours ago, xen said:

I think your starting guards, health permitted, are Osemele and Wylie.  I think Wylie and Rankin battle it out for that RG spot.  I actually like Rankin better for that spot but Wylie probably has the inside track due to experience and athleticism.

Osemele is pretty active looking for trouble so putting him between Fish and Reiter, where he can help, makes a lot of sense.  He's primarily played LG.

Disagree on this. I think Rankin will win that spot and I honestly believe Wylie could end up being cut. He lost his job last year and was inactive in the SB. Rankin didn't do anything to lose the job. He was just hurt. Wylie played badly enough he needed to be replaced regardless of whether or not he was hurt.

I'm gonna be fuckin pissed if they go into camp with Wylie running with the 1s. I dont think he's any more athletic than Rankin either, and Rankin has a much higher ceiling. Wylie is a bum. 

If they are truly putting their best 5 in front of the chosen one, there is no way Wylie should be our starter there. Shit I'd rather see Remmers in there starting than Wylie.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Disagree on this. I think Rankin will win that spot and I honestly believe Wylie could end up being cut. He lost his job last year and was inactive in the SB. Rankin didn't do anything to lose the job. He was just hurt. Wylie played badly enough he needed to be replaced regardless of whether or not he was hurt.

I'm gonna be fuckin pissed if they go into camp with Wylie running with the 1s. I dont think he's any more athletic than Rankin either, and Rankin has a much higher ceiling. Wylie is a bum. 

If they are truly putting their best 5 in front of the chosen one, there is no way Wylie should be our starter there. Shit I'd rather see Remmers in there starting than Wylie.

We'll see.  That's what AP said the other day too but I've often been surprised by who Reid thinks is the best 5.  While I don't think Wylie's in that group,  Reid tends to value experience in his system, so my prediction is based on what I think Reid will do not what I'd do.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:30 AM, Balto said:

I'd like Veach to look at trading for a center.  Kelce would be the best out there but I just find it hard to believe we go into the season with what we have at center.

The UDFA center (Williams?) could make the team and replace Reiter if Allegretti doesn't show anything in TC.