Crazy what Seattle gave up for Adams

Hard for me to understand how a Safety that wants 20 million a year is worth two 1sts but a guy like Chris Jones couldn’t get an offer like that.    I normally think the Seahawks are shrewd and do good deals.  Hard to justify trading your next two years first rounders for a safety who is better in the box than in center field.   Sure it makes them better but yikes!   

Joe Douglas had this one right.  You can't pay a box safety that kind of money in today's nfl.  He's OK in coverage but nowhere near the elite guys.  Smart move by the jets.  Seahawks keep making dumb moves.  They're wasting Wilson's career much like the Pack wasted Rodgers'.

They spent 2 2nd day picks on safeties over the last couple drafts and now packaging McDougald with 2 1sts and a 3rd to upgrade to Adams and paying him a huge contract. Looks like Wilson will keep on having a fun time sticking with Seattle instead of opting for the Giants :D

Chris Canty  on the radio just said Jamal Adams is on the level of Ed Reed and Brain Dawkins and way better than Kam Chancellor.      He isn’t even close to the same type of player of Reed.  Let alone on that level.  He is literally a smaller version of Kam Chancellor lol.     

On 7/28/2020 at 9:58 PM, Lamardirts said:

Legion of boom doesn’t exist with Earl Thomas,  trying to replicate it by adding a stud box safeties isn’t going to net the results that you have to have by trading two firsts and a third.

Also a what if type of thing I guess.  Say Seattle didn't do the deal and we look back in 3 years and those two 1st and 3rd busted then ya they should of done the deal.

22 minutes ago, Balto said:

Also a what if type of thing I guess.  Say Seattle didn't do the deal and we look back in 3 years and those two 1st and 3rd busted then ya they should of done the deal.

No then we would say that they suck at drafting. I’m sorry trading away three top end draft picks for a player while great at what he does is still limited in what he can do.   I wouldn’t want to pay a non qb that kind of money to in essence play a nickel backer role.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, xen said:

Joe Douglas had this one right.  You can't pay a box safety that kind of money in today's nfl.  He's OK in coverage but nowhere near the elite guys.  Smart move by the jets.  Seahawks keep making dumb moves.  They're wasting Wilson's career much like the Pack wasted Rodgers'.

Could not agree more. I never thought Earl Thomas was worth the money he got either.