Mahomes at 4.

lol

Arrowhead Pride to no longer cover NFL Network’s “NFL Top 100”

An announcement from Arrowhead Pride.

By SB Nation Staff  

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Super Bowl Press ConferencePhoto by Cliff Hawkins/Getty Images

After Wednesday night’s results, we have made the (easy) decision at Arrowhead Pride to no longer cover NFL Network’s yearly “NFL Top 100” list.

In 2019, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes became the first player in league history to win an MVP award, Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP in his first two seasons as an NFL starting quarterback.

There is not one player in the league better than Mahomes, let alone three.

You cannot rank Lamar Jackson ahead of Mahomes, or many others, until he plays a competent playoff game. He had some great highlights and crushed some crappy teams in the regular season. He is a good QB with potential to be a truly unique transformational player. Just slow down. Wilson has at least been to the super bowl more than once and looks the part of a clutch QB.

"The NFL Top 100 is an annual list that features the top one hundred players in the National Football League (NFL), as chosen by fellow NFL players. The rankings are based on an off-season poll organized by the NFL, whereby players vote on their peers based on their performance for the recent NFL season. Only players that are not retired in the next season are eligible for consideration.[1] In the ten-year history of the countdown, only Tom Brady has been voted No. 1 multiple times (2011, 2017, 2018)."

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

"The NFL Top 100 is an annual list that features the top one hundred players in the National Football League (NFL), as chosen by fellow NFL players. The rankings are based on an off-season poll organized by the NFL, whereby players vote on their peers based on their performance for the recent NFL season. Only players that are not retired in the next season are eligible for consideration.[1] In the ten-year history of the countdown, only Tom Brady has been voted No. 1 multiple times (2011, 2017, 2018)."

If it's a regular season award for just the past season, then it's poorly named but you can make an argument for LJ in 2019.

If it's anything else, then nah.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Polls go out in November per Nate Burleson.  Most submit in Nov or Dec.  Not really offseason.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Polls go out in November per Nate Burleson.  Most submit in Nov or Dec.  Not really offseason.

If that's the case then I'd maybe say Mahomes getting #4 was a reach and should of been lower?

I mean he went down in October and didn't come back till mid Nov.

I'm sure during that time LJ and Wilson went off those weeks

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

If it's a regular season award for just the past season, then it's poorly named but you can make an argument for LJ in 2019.

If it's anything else, then nah.

it's not an award, it is just a bullshit filler list to occupy fans during the offseason...hell it did not even exist until a few years ago

42 minutes ago, Balto said:

If that's the case then I'd maybe say Mahomes getting #4 was a reach and should of been lower?

I mean he went down in October and didn't come back till mid Nov.

I'm sure during that time LJ and Wilson went off those weeks

MaHOMES was ranked at the same spot in 2019- #4

He won MVP for the regukar season that year.

Not sure if anyone was butthurt last year....