Mahomes at 4.

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

What is your criteria?

Brees and two Defensive players were ahead of him last year and he had better numbers in 2019

Overall year. Brees did not have 50 tds and 5000 yards. Only one player has done that before. You also take into account the voting stopped in November. A lot left to play for and stats/how a player does in the playoffs etc. You yourself have said Mahomes is better too.

By any reasonable combination of traditional stats, advanced stats, the eye test, and QB WINZ, Mahomes has been the best QB in the league since he became a starter.

You can make some sort of convoluted argument that Donald is "more dominant at his position" but I'm not terribly sure what that means or why it should be the criteria given that QBs are the most important position on the field.

So Mahomes should be #1, and I'll (barely) listen to the argument that he should be #2 behind Donald.

Congrats to Lamar on getting the "3/4th of the 2019 regular season other players like me, they really really like me" votes.  If Mahomes does the Jordan thing and really is taking notes I can live with it.

52 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Overall year. Brees did not have 50 tds and 5000 yards. Only one player has done that before. You also take into account the voting stopped in November. A lot left to play for and stats/how a player does in the playoffs etc. You yourself have said Mahomes is better too.

That was 2018, not 2019.

31 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

By any reasonable combination of traditional stats, advanced stats, the eye test, and QB WINZ, Mahomes has been the best QB in the league since he became a starter.

You can make some sort of convoluted argument that Donald is "more dominant at his position" but I'm not terribly sure what that means or why it should be the criteria given that QBs are the most important position on the field.

So Mahomes should be #1, and I'll (barely) listen to the argument that he should be #2 behind Donald.

Congrats to Lamar on getting the "3/4th of the 2019 regular season other players like me, they really really like me" votes.  If Mahomes does the Jordan thing and really is taking notes I can live with it.

I am not making the list- the players vote #1- 20 then they collate the votes.

Meh if they voted in November I can see why they voted those guys ahead.  LJ had a special year and Wilson was dealing.  Donald is a freak too.  As for last year he hadn’t gotten to 5000/50 and I think there was disbelief among players he could continue on his trajectory.  
Im not worried about this after I realized the voting was in November.

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So I went back and looked at last year- I could not find a post referring to the Top 100 2019 edition in either CTO or NFL forum.

I guess no one really cared....

We were butthurt due to dee ford choking balls. We weren’t concerned about the top 100. 

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

That was 2018, not 2019.

This does not make any sense then. Brees went out last year for many games and was statistically worse than Mahomes in a lot of areas.  This is why i thought you were referring to 2018 when Brees was being mentioned for possible MVP. Brees only played in 11 games?  2019 stats for qb below. Mahomes had better ypa, 1 less td,  yards etc. Ratings brees had him. Mahomes played in 14 games. One he was injured in so it was more like 13ish. He also played many games hurt up to that point.  So where was it that Brees just blew him away? Again, voting stopped in November.

Be curious to see what they thought after it was all done. Mahomes is the victim of his own success. Has a injured type year and it is considered bad for what he did his first year. Will see how he does this next year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/passingYards/dir/desc

It's an opinion poll. Agree....disagree. They do it to get people talking about it...and it works. Why they do it in November is a mystery to me. They could easily do it after the season but it is what it is. I know Pat disagrees with it. But he needs no motivation to be great. He is already hardwired that way.

Chief fans are biased. Me included. Reality. Put Mahomes on a different team and the results would be different. Put another top QB on KC and results would be different.

Only thing that matters to me is who is most CLUTCH? Who would you want as QB on the last drive of the game trailing by 4?

Easy answer. Mahomes on any decent team. Guy has proven he is fearless. Stats dont matter. Give me wins and comeback wins.

21 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

20 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I don't know what I typed that might have suggested I didn't understand this, because I do understand it.

What you wrote in the first paragraph suggests to me that you did not understand how the votes were generated.

But, maybe its just me.

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

This does not make any sense then. Brees went out last year for many games and was statistically worse than Mahomes in a lot of areas.  This is why i thought you were referring to 2018 when Brees was being mentioned for possible MVP. Brees only played in 11 games?  2019 stats for qb below. Mahomes had better ypa, 1 less td,  yards etc. Ratings brees had him. Mahomes played in 14 games. One he was injured in so it was more like 13ish. He also played many games hurt up to that point.  So where was it that Brees just blew him away? Again, voting stopped in November.

Be curious to see what they thought after it was all done. Mahomes is the victim of his own success. Has a injured type year and it is considered bad for what he did his first year. Will see how he does this next year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/passingYards/dir/desc

Thats why I posted that- Mahomes wins the MVP becomes only the second player to throw for 50TDs and 5k yards and he is rated #4 by his fellow players.

Then has a statistically worse season, missing some games, and still holds at #4?

4 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

What you wrote in the first paragraph suggests to me that you did not understand how the votes were generated.

But, maybe its just me.

I was explaining what people should base their votes off of, whether they are fans, other players, coaches, GMs, media, etc.  I understood players voted for it.

But it's well-established that players don't know what they're talking about when doing things like this.  Since they started doing player voting for the NBA All-Star game, there have been all sorts of bench-riding nobodies (or worse) who manage to get a player vote.  They should not be construed as experts.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I was explaining what people should base their votes off of, whether they are fans, other players, coaches, GMs, media, etc.  I understood players voted for it.

But it's well-established that players don't know what they're talking about when doing things like this.  Since they started doing player voting for the NBA All-Star game, there have been all sorts of bench-riding nobodies (or worse) who manage to get a player vote.  They should not be construed as experts.

I agree wholeheartedly. Its a popularity contest in ways...

NBA? If they fell off the face of the planet, I would not care.....

47 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Thats why I posted that- Mahomes wins the MVP becomes only the second player to throw for 50TDs and 5k yards and he is rated #4 by his fellow players.

Then has a statistically worse season, missing some games, and still holds at #4?

Yeah i seen that but he was statistically very good still, just not mahomes good and he missed time with and dealing with injuries. No matter, he showed what he was in the playoffs and thst is all that counts to a team and fans is the SB win.

48 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah i seen that but he was statistically very good still, just not mahomes good and he missed time with and dealing with injuries. No matter, he showed what he was in the playoffs and thst is all that counts to a team and fans is the SB win.

Jackson can win all the awards and raves. So far the league knows he is not a winner when it really counts. Until he proves otherwise?