Mahomes at 4.

8 hours ago, xen said:

Interesting.

Week 3 at Baltimore Ravens

Lamar Jackson had a career-high 42 passing attempts against the Chiefs in 2019.

That career high is for the regular season. Jackson topped that with 59 attempts in the Divisional round loss to the Tennessee Titans.

Including the playoff loss, Jackson has lost three of the four games in which he threw 34 or more passes.

What is also true is this:

Vs the Chiefs in 2019- Defense gave up 503 yds, didn't cause a turnover and gave up 5 of 9 3rd downs. 140 rushing yards

vs the Titans in playoffs; not one turnover caused, 217 yds rushing allowed.

Jackson had arguably his worst game of the year but a lot of other factors went into the loss also. Saying he cannot pass is just stupid. Its like saying Mahomes can't run.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Vs the Chiefs in 2019- Defense gave up 503 yds, didn't cause a turnover and gave up 5 of 9 3rd downs. 140 rushing yards

Jackson had arguably his worst game of the year but a lot of other factors went into the loss also. Saying he cannot pass is just stupid. Its like saying Mahomes can't run.

We used to say very similar things back when we were stuck with Smith. 

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I'd rather have a QB that doesn't run like Jackson than one that can't pass like Mahomes.  

On 8/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, Chiefmanzada said:

Yeah and that one loss went to overtime where Pat didn't even get a chance to touch the ball. 

The dude has shown tremendous courage and confidence from the moment he was drafted. He shines the attitude of a 10 year vet. Amazing. 

"That's championship swagger, dog!"

On 8/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, jetlord said:

I'd rather have a QB that doesn't run like Jackson than one that can't pass like Mahomes.  

I'd rather have a Qb who can run like Jackson and can learn to pass like Mahomes

LJ went from 58% to 65% in one season. No one does that in the NFL. Kid is learning. We haven't seen his best yet.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I'd rather have a Qb who can run like Jackson and can learn to pass like Mahomes

LJ went from 58% to 65% in one season. No one does that in the NFL. Kid is learning. We haven't seen his best yet.

I doubt that Jackson has peaked, but then neither has Mahomes.  No one sees Jackson as an elite passer in the category of Rodgers, Manning, Elway or, wait for it, Mahomes.  That doesn't mean that the Ravens can't win on what skills Jackson does have, but it won't be because he's the best passer in the NFL.   Defenses will adjust to the Reid/Mahomes style but they'll also adjust to Jackson.  I'd wager that given the choice, a vast majority of NFL GMs would pick Mahomes as their QBOTF (and present) over any other QB in the league.   When Jackson wins multiple playoff games and a SB, come back and we'll discuss it. 

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Now you are just making shit up......not a great look to have

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/fumbles

Strange I guess ESPN is wrong?  OR maybe they only count FUMBLES if its a rushing and not say if a QB drops back and gets the ball knocked out of their hands.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/rushing/table/rushing/sort/rushingFumbles/dir/desc

Clearly shows Lamar with the most!  Maybe this just means he can hold onto the ball when passing BUT can't when running?  Not great for a "running" QB muahaha

BTW...Going by YOUR link/stats 2018 Lamar had the most fumbles regardless if passing/rushing.  

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/fumbles?season_id=16

Not a great look to call someone out without asking facts first....But I guess when a person starts wearing Purple with a big bird on the front, looks don't matter.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I doubt that Jackson has peaked, but then neither has Mahomes.  No one sees Jackson as an elite passer in the category of Rodgers, Manning, Elway or, wait for it, Mahomes.  That doesn't mean that the Ravens can't win on what skills Jackson does have, but it won't be because he's the best passer in the NFL.   Defenses will adjust to the Reid/Mahomes style but they'll also adjust to Jackson.  I'd wager that given the choice, a vast majority of NFL GMs would pick Mahomes as their QBOTF (and present) over any other QB in the league.   When Jackson wins multiple playoff games and a SB, come back and we'll discuss it. 

I agree and think even the Ravens would switch with KC ASAP if given the chance.  Lamar's Legs will slow down waaaaay before Mahomes Arm will

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

lol you can't just learn to pass like mahomes just like you can't learn to run like LJ or Vick.  

Thats the intersection of genetics and work but without the genetics you I guess could be Brodie Croyle.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Hold on guys, I need to get my eyes checked because I thought I read Hands thought LJ could learn to pass like Mahomes, BRB.

New plan.  Teach Tyreek to pass like Mahomes.  And teach Mahomes to run like Tyreek.  I cannot imagine the problems this will cause defenses.  You line up  not knowing who is going to throw it to whom.  Complete pandemonium. 

6 hours ago, Balto said:

Strange I guess ESPN is wrong?  OR maybe they only count FUMBLES if its a rushing and not say if a QB drops back and gets the ball knocked out of their hands.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/rushing/table/rushing/sort/rushingFumbles/dir/desc

Clearly shows Lamar with the most!  Maybe this just means he can hold onto the ball when passing BUT can't when running?  Not great for a "running" QB muahaha

BTW...Going by YOUR link/stats 2018 Lamar had the most fumbles regardless if passing/rushing.  

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/fumbles?season_id=16

Not a great look to call someone out without asking facts first....But I guess when a person starts wearing Purple with a big bird on the front, looks don't matter.

Funny how you posted a link that says clearyly at the Top- Rushing Stats - All NFL

But yet, you wrote:

On 8/6/2020 at 8:12 PM, Balto said:

Lamar also had the most fumbles in the NFL....not a great stat to have

Then you want to go back to 2018 to prove your point....

Great look.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Funny how you posted a link that says clearyly at the Top- Rushing Stats - All NFL

But yet, you wrote:

Then you want to go back to 2018 to prove your point....

Great look.

Ouch that’s all you got

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Man, you guys miss the point. No one is picking one over the other. The players voted on everyone and your golden boy was #4

Who would you take for the next 10+ years?  LJ or Pat

6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

New plan.  Teach Tyreek to pass like Mahomes.  And teach Mahomes to run like Tyreek.  I cannot imagine the problems this will cause defenses.  You line up  not knowing who is going to throw it to whom.  Complete pandemonium. 

Or Kelce to block like Kittle ohhhhhhh

14 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Man, you guys miss the point. No one is picking one over the other. The players voted on everyone and your golden boy was #4

Yeah but he's number 1 in our hearts. 

Plus, you know, the undisputed number 1 to everyone with a functional brain.  

14 hours ago, Balto said:

Ouch that’s all you got

It's all  needed.

14 hours ago, Balto said:

Who would you take for the next 10+ years?  LJ or Pat

Don't have to make that decision. I like things the way they are.

3 hours ago, xen said:

Yeah but he's number 1 in our hearts. 

Plus, you know, the undisputed number 1 to everyone with a functional brain.  

Well, apparently the players who voted for the Top 100 and the people who voted for the unanimous MVP think differently than you.....and its a good thing....

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Not everyone on this board has a functional brain. 

Ain't that the truth....