55 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

What was the margin of victory? 3 points in OT in 2018 and 5 points in 2019? In Arrowhead? See you in Baltimore this time around.

I must admit lack of a huge margin against MVPat might be considered a win in some circles but in the end it's 2-0 if I'm not mistaken. Did the NFL conclude the games as draws?

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

What was the margin of victory? 3 points in OT in 2018 and 5 points in 2019? In Arrowhead? See you in Baltimore this time around.

Sounds like Royals apologists.  "We played really well, had great pitching, good defense and only lost by one run.  Great game." 

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Well we both know what it feels like to be bounced by an inferior Titans team. So regular season wins and losses don’t concern me much. Who wins at the dance is all that matters.

KC was a little fortunate to win in 2018 - Baltimore really had us in a tough spot.  I don't consider the 4th down bomb to Tyreek "lucky" because it was a good, skilled play by all involved.  But Baltimore played us very well so if I can split hairs between "lucky" and "fortunate" we were the latter, because if that late game scenario were re-run a bunch of times I don't know how many we win.  But we still earned the win.

2019 game wasn't as close as the final score.  Jackson made two crazy lucky 4th down heaves that weren't anything like Mahomes to Hill.  That's why it was a one score game instead of a two or three score game.  Basically most of the lucky stuff went Baltimore's way and it just made it close.  (And no, the Hardman bobble and the missed 2-point conversions don't cancel out the LJ heaves.)  And that's with our defense finding its way and not nearly as good as it was by the end of the year.

We might lose in 2020 on the road (but how much does that matter depending on the crowd or lack thereof?), but wake me up when Lamar doesn't look like a hot mess in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

KC was a little fortunate to win in 2018 - Baltimore really had us in a tough spot.  I don't consider the 4th down bomb to Tyreek "lucky" because it was a good, skilled play by all involved.  But Baltimore played us very well so if I can split hairs between "lucky" and "fortunate" we were the latter, because if that late game scenario were re-run a bunch of times I don't know how many we win.  But we still earned the win.

2019 game wasn't as close as the final score.  Jackson made two crazy lucky 4th down heaves that weren't anything like Mahomes to Hill.  That's why it was a one score game instead of a two or three score game.  Basically most of the lucky stuff went Baltimore's way and it just made it close.  (And no, the Hardman bobble and the missed 2-point conversions don't cancel out the LJ heaves.)  And that's with our defense finding its way and not nearly as good as it was by the end of the year.

We might lose in 2020 on the road (but how much does that matter depending on the crowd or lack thereof?), but wake me up when Lamar doesn't look like a hot mess in the playoffs.

Meh if no fans at games we might not lose a game.

I think we'll be ok.

List of players who have won an NFL MVP and a Super Bowl MVP in their careers:

Bart Starr

Terry Bradshaw

Joe Montana

Marcus Allen

Emmitt Smith

Steve Young

Terrell Davis

John Elway

Kurt Warner

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Patrick Mahomes

List of players who accomplished both in their first 2 seasons as a starter:

Kurt Warner*

Pat Mahomes

*UDFA in 1994 but 99 was first year as starter

List of players under age 25 to accomplish both:

Pat Mahomes

On 8/4/2020 at 6:21 PM, DieHard said:

Well we both know what it feels like to be bounced by an inferior Titans team. So regular season wins and losses don’t concern me much. Who wins at the dance is all that matters.

That isn't what we all said 1970 - 2019. 

I can get used to this thinking, though.