Training Camp

33 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We're going to miss all the TC reports we were so used to in previous years even though most of it was hype and filler news.  Just doesn't seem the same without access to River Falls or more recently, St. Joe.

it was always good to read  Former DB's takes on his visit..another one of the good ones that no longer visit

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

If the draft reports are right he's a steal even in late 2nd. Probably the most critical rookie in the draft class and good news are always great boosts to morale :)

For a differing opinion go read Lindy's Sports Annual NFL guide. They basically said Gay was a "liability in converge" and would most likely only have an impact if he makes it through special teams play. I thought WTF!?

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

For a differing opinion go read Lindy's Sports Annual NFL guide. They basically said Gay was a "liability in converge" and would most likely only have an impact if he makes it through special teams play. I thought WTF!?

Didn't he have the highest coverage grade of any LB in college football last year?

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Didn't he have the highest coverage grade of any LB in college football last year?

I believe he did. 😲 Comparatively:

Isaiah Simmons (top LB drafted) graded out at 88.2 in coverage according to PFF.

Willie Gay Jr. graded out at 90.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

SLEEPER: WILLIE GAY JR., MISSISSIPPI STATE

Honorable Mention: Clay Johnston, Baylor & Shaun Bradley, Temple

Gay can flat out scoot. His Combine performance was overshadowed by Isaiah Simmons, but it was an all-timer in its own right. Gay also earned the highest career coverage grade of anyone in this draft class, regardless of position. He’s not only explosive, but also smooth as can be out in space. It’s the off-field issues that are keeping him down at this point.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-superlatives-linebackers

19 hours ago, dhitter said:

I love the disparity in scouting reports. Basically every player can be the GOAT and bust.

On 8/5/2020 at 9:06 PM, xen said:

SLEEPER: WILLIE GAY JR., MISSISSIPPI STATE

Honorable Mention: Clay Johnston, Baylor & Shaun Bradley, Temple

Gay can flat out scoot. His Combine performance was overshadowed by Isaiah Simmons, but it was an all-timer in its own right. Gay also earned the highest career coverage grade of anyone in this draft class, regardless of position. He’s not only explosive, but also smooth as can be out in space. It’s the off-field issues that are keeping him down at this point.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-superlatives-linebackers

Wednesday night, ESPNU showed the 2019 Egg Bowl (Ole Miss/Miss. St.).  Gay was all over the field.  The guy's motor is unreal.

My wife walked in and saw what I was watching and just shook her head.

Me:  "Yes, I AM watching last year's Ole Miss/Mississippi State game.  Do not judge me."

• 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

We  are just so stacked at WR...How many do they  keep on the roster? Whose spot does he take?

I don't think he makes the roster.  Too many good receivers ahead of him.  Probably PS this year too.  If they like him enough they may put him in one of the protected PS spots i guess but I doubt it.  He was not highly thought of coming out of college so I doubt they think anyone will poach him off the regular PS.