Training Camp

zOb6W64M_bigger.jpg

I’m told one name that continues to pop up with people inside the #Chiefs building is Tershawn Wharton. The undrafted free agent from Missouri Science and Tech seems almost a lock to make the the teams’ 53 man roster. Great local story.

Wharton is an undersized athletic edge who had a ridiculous 50 1/2 tackles for loss and 30 sacks in his D2 career. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

zOb6W64M_bigger.jpg

I’m told one name that continues to pop up with people inside the #Chiefs building is Tershawn Wharton. The undrafted free agent from Missouri Science and Tech seems almost a lock to make the the teams’ 53 man roster. Great local story.

Wharton is an undersized athletic edge who had a ridiculous 50 1/2 tackles for loss and 30 sacks in his D2 career. 

LB?  255 pounds runs a 4.6

Just now, Mloe68 said:

He said he was lining up in a Khalil Mack type role but they also have moved him onto the interior Dline on passing downs. Spags loves his pass rushers. 

If this kid makes the 53 out of division 2 with no offseason that would be crazy.  Especially with our roster.  I'm guessing PS more likely.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

awfully risky..better to put him on IR and save him from the vultures

Reminder for 2020 teams can designate 4 players off the 16 man PS as unpoachable.  If they feel he can contribute this year that is.  I doubt it though unless its special teams.  Those 4 extra spots more likely to be used on an extra qb and vets who can step in immediately.

lol I guess that's a long way of saying you're right, IR might be the best way to stash him

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Interesting. Reiff expects to be cut. Wonder if he would want to play for a good team for once.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/Article/Riley-Reiff-expects-to-be-cut-by-Minnesota-Vikings-due-to-contract-restructure-Iowa-150906981/

With Rankins still a question mark, sure bring him in if the price is right.  If we can open holes and give Mahomes an extra second sign me up.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:43 PM, xen said:

If this kid makes the 53 out of division 2 with no offseason that would be crazy.  Especially with our roster.  I'm guessing PS more likely.

The kid basically knocked Breeland Soeaks off the roster. Impressive.  He apparently played hurt last year and it left his film not representing his full ability.