Will Kelce get a new Deal?

There's only so many new deals to go around.  Especially with the new salary cap numbers.  And his age.  We really need to look hard at a new version of Kelce in the draft.  Hate to see him go and I hope they can work something out, but that's gonna be a tough one.  

Patrick and Travis legitimately seem like really great friends on and off the field.  I'm sure Travis knows he has it great here.

We're going to lose great players eventually.  But I'd like to think we'll find a way to keep Travis for a while.  I really hope he retires a Chief.

Agree with Sith.  A two year extension would be the maximum and maybe Kelce would go for it at a fair rate out of playing with Mahomes and the chance to win it all again.  The Chiefs have passed on TE in the last two drafts that were pretty rich in prospects and have absolutely no one that can replace Kelce even at a lower level.  Gotta address that soon. 

5 minutes ago, Balto said:

You all think he will last another 10 years in the NFL and end up playing as long as Tony and some other TEs?

no. I think injuries wil catch up with him..he runs with soo much abandon he's taking more hits . TG was  just a catch guy  his YAC I dont believe were much ..but my memory is fading so  I could be wrong

57 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Gave Kelce  LDTs money? I dont see Tardiff on the roster next year.

Well Kelce's new contract won't do anything to this or next years cap number.  So LDT's money is still on the table

5 minutes ago, Balto said:

Well Kelce's new contract won't do anything to this or next years cap number.  So LDT's money is still on the table

I dont think anyone knows that? He may be getting some of that bonus now or next year. He salaries could be spread out thru the entire 6 years. We dont know yet.

19 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont think anyone knows that? He may be getting some of that bonus now or next year. He salaries could be spread out thru the entire 6 years. We dont know yet.

And his salary can't be spread out over the 6 years ONLY bonus's can.

3 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Think we need to come to terms that Kelce is a one of a kind TE. HoF bound. 

Will pass TG#88 as greatest Chiefs TE if he hasn't already. 

I'd probably tap the brakes a little on that.  But I do like Kelce a lot.  It's hard to know what Tony G would do in this offense.  He had almost 1200 yards one season with Damon Huard at the helm.