Is this the year to trade away picks?

On 8/13/2020 at 10:39 PM, kkuenn said:

Yes and having to avoid QB? DE, DT, S, RB and WR as must picks now we can go after the OL, LB and CB in the draft.

Dirty Dan will hopefully be gone next year and with Thornhill's status we may actually have a big need at Safety unless someone steps up as a solid contributor this year. That being said CB will obviously be a huge need as well as OL but we thought they were a priority this year too so tough to guess.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Dirty Dan will hopefully be gone next year and with Thornhill's status we may actually have a big need at Safety unless someone steps up as a solid contributor this year. That being said CB will obviously be a huge need as well as OL but we thought they were a priority this year too so tough to guess.

Chiefs dont get to the Superbowl without Sorensons plays. Spags is using this guy well. I hope he stays in KC his entire career. Its not like he is over payed.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs dont get to the Superbowl without Sorensons plays. Spags is using this guy well. I hope he stays in KC his entire career. Its not like he is over payed.

He's a free agent and will likely get his last contract. If he's actually a solid guy then he'll be paid much higher somewhere else. 

On 8/19/2020 at 11:00 AM, sith13 said:

He's a free agent and will likely get his last contract. If he's actually a solid guy then he'll be paid much higher somewhere else. 

Hard to say he will get a big pay day.  Some guys know they are a better player on a GREAT TEAM and understand their role. I hope he stays like others have. DIRTY DAN !

On 8/13/2020 at 1:01 AM, Balto said:

With a couple college conferences already cancelling the season and with others probably to come does this heavily impact scouting and draft picks?

Its already a crap shoot and with zero tape this year it’s gonna be even harder.

So maybe it’s smarter for Veach to send our 1st rounder and maybe more away to get proven players and not gamble on later round picks.

Thoughts?

We need rookie contracts.  The most crucial part of this team sustaining a true Super Bowl contender status beyond about 2022 are draft picks. If it’s gonna be harder to draft I’d suggest just the opposite and try and get more. 

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We need rookie contracts.  The most crucial part of this team sustaining a true Super Bowl contender status beyond about 2022 are draft picks. If it’s gonna be harder to draft I’d suggest just the opposite and try and get more. 

Exactly right.  The Chiefs have about seven or eight core players who either have or soon will have big contracts.  They have to churn the roster for the rest of the team.  If they can remain in the hunt for a ring, they may get some one year vet deals, but most of all, they need lots of picks to replace third and fourth year players who are looking for their big deal. 

I think we are in line for a 4th next year vía comp pick.   Damien Williams might net us another low round pick in the off-season if CEH is all we hope him to be.   Not sure how we could gain more for next years draft but I think we need more not less.