28 minutes ago, DieHard said:

He had the arrest after that. Wonder if it ends up longer. Or was this for both screw ups?

that was just for the first screw-up.  Does not include the arrest.

Breeland is a replacement level player.  Unfortunately as of right now our backups are not.   But hey, Spags and Merritt worked miracles last year so who knows.  Mostly our pass D will depend on how good our rush is and the health of the safety group.

47 minutes ago, xen said:

Breeland is a replacement level player.  Unfortunately as of right now our backups are not.   But hey, Spags and Merritt worked miracles last year so who knows.  Mostly our pass D will depend on how good our rush is and the health of the safety group.

Having Thornhill back healthy will be key. As long as we have Breeland for the playoffs, we good.

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Honey Badger drops down to corner more this year.  Gotta remember his days in Arizona he actually played more corner than safety and at a high level.

Hate to see HB at corner.  He's too valuable moving all over the field.  Maybe the nickle but I think Snead will play a role while Breeland is out.  He'll get burned like any rookie, but if it's only for four games, the Chiefs can survive. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

I think ward and Fenton are going to be very good. You add in the safeties and they way guys move around and are interchangeable, and you’ll see really good pass defense. 

Heard Snead did pretty well against Hill yesterday.  Could be nothing but going up against one of the best wr corp in the NFL at camp has to bode well for your development.  If they can hang with our guys then they probably can do pretty well vs the competition.    At some point the addage "Next man up" has to be practiced not just spouted.   We have to see what these guys can do and the sooner the better.  I'll take the rookie lumps if it means we have an avg/above avg db next year.    Our offense can easily ease the transition as well.   

I wanna see Keyes, Snead, Felton and Ward hold down the fort.....would love for them to play Breeland over to the bench.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Is Snead a Safety or a CB at this point?

He was drafted based on his play as a CB his junior year.   His safety play was very pedestrian but moved back because of team needs.   Nice that he has a little exp there in a pinch but he was drafted purely as a CB.  

More magic from Spags.  We had the cheapest corner group in the NFL last year and jumped from 31st to 8th in pass defense.  Healthy safeties are the key. Thornhill back at practice this week is gigantic although it will probably take him some time to get back to his near Pro Bowl level rookie season. 

17 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

More magic from Spags.  We had the cheapest corner group in the NFL last year and jumped from 31st to 8th in pass defense.  Healthy safeties are the key. Thornhill back at practice this week is gigantic although it will probably take him some time to get back to his near Pro Bowl level rookie season. 

The Chiefs think pass rush, strong safety play, and disguised defenses hide average or less corner play.  So far, so good. 

Looks like Earl Thomas and his big contract is causing major problems in Baltimore. Thank goodness Veach was smart enough to only make a one year offer and draft a future Pro Bowler Thornhill or we may actually have a problem. Difference between championship teams and January pretenders.  

18 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Looks like Earl Thomas and his big contract is causing major problems in Baltimore. Thank goodness Veach was smart enough to only make a one year offer and draft a future Pro Bowler Thornhill or we may actually have a problem. Difference between championship teams and January pretenders.  

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I’d be mad too if LJ was my QB instead of Mahomes

Sources: Ravens to cut or trade Earl Thomas after dispute

The Baltimore Ravens are moving on from Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Sunday.

They either will release him for conduct detrimental to the team, for his fiery on-field argument with safety Chuck Clark on Friday, or trade him.

The Dallas Cowboys are the leading contender to sign him if he's released, sources told Schefter.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, Mloe68 said:

What stats are you using?

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Don't know which stats he's using but we were 6th in passing D DVOA.  So he's in the ballpark.  We also jumped from 26th in total D DVOA to 13th in weighted total DVOA, which puts more weight on later season games to show defenses that are improving over the course of the season.

9 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Take your pick. I prefer DVOA (KC ranked 6th) because it figures in situational stats. A blowout win and your giving up garbage yards matters less. That said we went from giving up 273 YPG in 2018 (31st) to 221 in 2019. (8th).   The single stat I find most important Yards per attempt we went from 6.4 in 2018 (20th) to 5.7 YPA 2019 (5th)