Earl Thomas thrown out of Ravens camp

xen

The Baltimore Ravens are abruptly parting ways with seven-time Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas two days after an on-field altercation with teammate Chuck Clark, the team announced.

The Ravens announced they had terminated his contract for personal conduct that has adversely affected the team. The Ravens are expected to try to void his $10 million guaranteed salary this season. It is expected the safety will file a grievance.

12 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

The Baltimore Ravens are abruptly parting ways with seven-time Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas two days after an on-field altercation with teammate Chuck Clark, the team announced.

The Ravens announced they had terminated his contract for personal conduct that has adversely affected the team. The Ravens are expected to try to void his $10 million guaranteed salary this season. It is expected the safety will file a grievance.

The Wire Reaction GIF Didn't see that happening but  ET  most probably is on the decline and the Ravens found an easy route to drop him and his salary.. He'll get picked up  PDQ I am sure but hopefully not by the Chiefs

30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The Wire Reaction GIF Didn't see that happening but  ET  most probably is on the decline and the Ravens found an easy route to drop him and his salary.. He'll get picked up  PDQ I am sure but hopefully not by the Chiefs

Think no further than Dallas and tha Raiders for likely suitors.

When the Baltimore Ravens parted ways with Earl Thomas this weekend, there was rampant speculation over where the All-Pro safety might end up.

One team typically atop most of those lists: the Dallas Cowboys.

That’s because the Cowboys and Thomas have been linked for years, including his famous “Come get me” line on Christmas Eve 2017, even if that was delivered to former Cowboys coach Jason Garrett.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter even said the Cowboys were one of the leading contenders to sign Thomas now that he’s free.

Does that mean Thomas is on his way to Dallas? Well, if so, new Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy is playing some damned good poker.

Check out what McCarthy had to say about the possibility of adding Thomas to the roster:

“The conversations I’ve been involved with — we had a chance to get a thorough personnel meeting just two days ago — we’re very confident in where we are as far as the 80-man roster,” McCarthy said. “As far as any prospect that’s available, those are more conversations for Jerry [Jones], Stephen [Jones] and Will McClay, as far as looking at that situation. So I have nothing really to report.”

So McCarthy didn’t exactly say Thomas wasn’t coming. But he surely didn’t encourage a welcoming party with that quote either.

• 3 weeks later...