"Player X has been cut... should we sign them" - the thread

Earlier we were discussing trading for him, an idea i was extremely opposed of. He was overpayed. But now he could come in on a cheap 1 year deal to backup clyde, could be a nice fit. Not sure he would accept that role though.

he isn’t a bell cow back imo, but is good enough to be part of time share and would be smart to flourish in this offense on his behalf.

56 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Earlier we were discussing trading for him, an idea i was extremely opposed of. He was overpayed. But now he could come in on a cheap 1 year deal to backup clyde, could be a nice fit. Not sure he would accept that role though.

he isn’t a bell cow back imo, but is good enough to be part of time share and would be smart to flourish in this offense on his behalf.

No Thanks Chiefs are stacked at RB and guys like this are available mid season off the street.

I agree there are usually guys off the street like him, thing is, he is now an off the street guy. Also, i don’t know how stacked we are. Clyde is gonna be a beast, and i like deandre Washington, but the rest of the crew... looks rough to me.

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

No Thanks Chiefs are stacked at RB and guys like this are available mid season off the street.

17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I agree there are usually guys off the street like him, thing is, he is now an off the street guy. Also, i don’t know how stacked we are. Clyde is gonna be a beast, and i like deandre Washington, but the rest of the crew... looks rough to me.

I like Williams. He has been really good when given a chance. I like him better than Fournett. Remember he was also injured last year

Cheap 1 year?  YES

If he was cheap Jax would of just kept him.

ATM we are set at RB but look at the history of RBs going down for this team.  LF would be the best #2 in the NFL and just add more gas to Reid's fire!

1 year cheap contract is a 1 year cheap contract

I never understand why people would be against any minimum or relatively cheap 1 year deal unless the guy was completely washed or a total locker room cancer.  No evidence for either in LF's case.

I don't see how he wouldn't be competing for Washington for the #2 slot.  Clearly better than Darrel or Darwin I would think, if not necessarily the exact right skill set.

Yeah couldn't hurt for a month considering we really don't know what Snead is or isn't.  Definitely don't want him taking their reps but if the stage is too big wouldn't hurt having a vet to fill in until Breeland gets back.   Would rather have Logan Ryan though.

4 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I never understand why people would be against any minimum or relatively cheap 1 year deal unless the guy was completely washed or a total locker room cancer.  No evidence for either in LF's case.

I don't see how he wouldn't be competing for Washington for the #2 slot.  Clearly better than Darrel or Darwin I would think, if not necessarily the exact right skill set.

I don't think Washington is the #2 and Fournette was kind of a headache in Jax.   I don't think he's all that great and I wouldn't be willing to take the chance of him being unsatisfied with his role here.   I think it says a lot that Jax is cutting their #1 draft pick before his rookie deal is up.  

25 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't think Washington is the #2 and Fournette was kind of a headache in Jax.   I don't think he's all that great and I wouldn't be willing to take the chance of him being unsatisfied with his role here.   I think it says a lot that Jax is cutting their #1 draft pick before his rookie deal is up.  

I don't follow Jax that close, but what makes you question Fournette being not that great?  1100 yards and 76 receptions for another 522 seems like a decent enough year.  Again, that's just looking at his stats and not seeing much of him other than the Chiefs game. 

Coming into the pros he had an elite body type and physical characteristics.  Not necessarily known as much of a pass-catcher as I understood it, but he's not exactly Derrick Henry either.

Could be great in goal line and short yardage situations, and the 4-minute offense.  Not that CEH can't do those things.

He did have some locker room issues but they were relatively minor, we have a great culture and maybe he wants to rehab his image.

I dunno, I'm just brainstorming here.  Hard to see what the downside on a cheap contract is.  If he acts up you get rid of him like we did with Hyde (not that Hyde was a problem, just another cheap expendable veteran RB).

I heard today on ESPN Radio that the book on Fournette is he doesn't "love" football and has no passion for the game.  They said that was the story on him when he came out of college and was "confirmed" by Jags brass.  If that's the case, I wouldn't want him on the Chiefs' roster at any price.  

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Washington should definitely be the #2 by talent, if our coaching staff doesn't trust him as the #2 that's a whole other issue.

They seen to have a lot of confidence in Darrell so why would the Chiefs mess with Fournette?  He would fit into the Chiefs plans just about the same as Hyde did last year.  Might go for a thousand where he's the feature back and worthless in KC.  JMHO