"Player X has been cut... should we sign them" - the thread

Interesting thought. Trade for Rosen from Miami. Former first round qb can be had on the cheap. Let him learn and show case his talents learning from Reid.

Then flip him for a high draft pick say a second or what not. I am sure he would be a good reclaim project for Reid. Say a 5th and then flip later on? I know not likely at all, just thinking out of the box.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Interesting thought. Trade for Rosen from Miami. Former first round qb can be had on the cheap. Let him learn and show case his talents learning from Reid.

Then flip him for a high draft pick say a second or what not. I am sure he would be a good reclaim project for Reid. Say a 5th and then flip later on? I know not likely at all, just thinking out of the box.

Would rather try to do that with ta’amu who we already got in house.

31 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

channeling your inner Balto?

Just now, oldtimer said:

channeling your inner Balto?

Yes. But a former high 1st round pick, who i think Andy can do wonders with. If he is still there late in the season before the draft then why not? Just like taking late round qb picks in the draft any ways but this guy has nfl experience and more tape on him.

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes. But a former high 1st round pick, who i think Andy can do wonders with. If he is still there late in the season before the draft then why not? Just like taking late round qb picks in the draft any ways but this guy has nfl experience and more tape on him.

honest question.. How is Andy going to rehab a player who has underachieved when we have a player like MVPat who  unless injured or  with an extreme 30 point lead wont leave the field?

Just now, oldtimer said:

honest question.. How is Andy going to rehab a player who has underachieved when we have a player like MVPat who  unless injured or  with an extreme 30 point lead wont leave the field?

Exactly. Theres no preseason. Are other NFL GMs stumbling over themselves to get ahold of tape from our second and third team practices?

53 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Exactly. Theres no preseason. Are other NFL GMs stumbling over themselves to get ahold of tape from our second and third team practices?

Again. If he sees meaningless games etc. I think learning under Reid would do wonders for him. Also if talented he may be a better back up than Henne or whoever too with his young age and talents. 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Again. If he sees meaningless games etc. I think learning under Reid would do wonders for him. Also if talented he may be a better back up than Henne or whoever too with his young age and talents. 

again and not to be argumentative and I see your point but here is where I am at.. with MVPAt there are no meaningless games. Even IF we have HFA sown up he's probably chasing a record. If  we are not even in the playoff hunt yea you might have a point  but what are the likely hoods of that? JMO here but even in the event of a MVPat injury  unless its season ending ( God Forbid) Reid will still go to his proven back up who knows the playbook and the team has a history with. That being said if you think someone like him say 2-3 years down the road may prove to be worth a  high Draft pick thats an an argument worth having but I'm not a gambling man so unless he comes  for a 6th-7th  or a trade for a virtual nobody...no thank you

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

again and not to be argumentative and I see your point but here is where I am at.. with MVPAt there are no meaningless games. Even IF we have HFA sown up he's probably chasing a record. If  we are not even in the playoff hunt yea you might have a point  but what are the likely hoods of that? JMO here but even in the event of a MVPat injury  unless its season ending ( God Forbid) Reid will still go to his proven back up who knows the playbook and the team has a history with. That being said if you think someone like him say 2-3 years down the road may prove to be worth a  high Draft pick thats an an argument worth having but I'm not a gambling man so unless he comes  for a 6th-7th  or a trade for a virtual nobody...no thank you

That is what i am saying. A late round draft pick.  Let him groom and learn under Reid and Mahomes. Reid is a master of flipping QBs and takes chances on late to UDFA picks. If he sees something in this QB we could have a cheap and young back up. Reid took a high school coach off the street last year when Mahomes was out. He could do it with Rosen too. Rosen has NFL experience too and is ahead of any late round or UDFA easily now.

16 hours ago, Balto said:

Ouch...Pats gave up a 2nd for Sanu

You always give the Pats a little bit of a pass but it seemed ridiculously high when they made the move.   But to be honest they haven't drafted all that well or made great moves all that well in recent years.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Dallas cut Ha-Ha Clinton Dix.  Might be an upgrade over Tedric Thompson.  Would be cheap deal as Dallas owes him 2 million of the 3.75 he signed for.

Didn't they just sign him for a 1-year deal? Talk about wasting money for no apparent reason. 

42 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Adrian Peterson as a back up and mentor? Washington cut him and he may want a cheap deal to have a chance to win it all.

I'd take AP in a heart beat..not so much as his running but he still has "some" Juice but IIRC his blocking was real good and if used sparingly his short yardage ability could prove advantageous.. trouble is he's no pass catching threat..he is a bit of a relic

13 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I remember peterson as a chronic fumbler with limited pass catching ability, no thanks

if by chronic you mean  7 times but rushed the ball 327 and 314 times  .. yea your right and in 08 his 2nd year he did have 9 fumbles but rushed the ball 363 times but also made 1700 yrds and his 7 fumbl seasons were 1400 and 1500 yrds but lets do current history  of slightly over 1000 and slightly below 900.. with 3 fumbles .

He is  most likely a first round HOFr..can you be on and be a chronic Fumbler?  I guess so ranked 5th all time with an outside chance of being  Top 3 along with these stats 

• ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

if by chronic you mean  7 times but rushed the ball 327 and 314 times  .. yea your right and in 08 his 2nd year he did have 9 fumbles but rushed the ball 363 times but also made 1700 yrds and his 7 fumbl seasons were 1400 and 1500 yrds but lets do current history  of slightly over 1000 and slightly below 900.. with 3 fumbles .

He is  most likely a first round HOFr..can you be on and be a chronic Fumbler?  I guess so ranked 5th all time with an outside chance of being  Top 3 along with these stats 

• ATT
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG

You can go by stats, i’ll go by memory on this one, and the fumbles in 08 when he was carrying the team all came in crunch time of important games. Jamaal charles syndrome. Both god tier runners, both untimely fumblers.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'd take AP in a heart beat..not so much as his running but he still has "some" Juice but IIRC his blocking was real good and if used sparingly his short yardage ability could prove advantageous.. trouble is he's no pass catching threat..he is a bit of a relic

I'm with OT on this.  Cheap 1 year deal like Shady signed with KC.  Give us a goal line back with a a few carries a game and as someone mentioned help put CEH on the correct path to last till 100 in RB years like Peterson has.

WIN WIN?

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I'm with OT on this.  Cheap 1 year deal like Shady signed with KC.  Give us a goal line back with a a few carries a game and as someone mentioned help put CEH on the correct path to last till 100 in RB years like Peterson has.

WIN WIN?

He avg 4.3 ypc on a horrible Washington team.  Sign me up.  He's got just the right amount of juice to sub in for CEH.   Perfect one year fit for us and this offense.

I dont prefer this as one thread. Its not like the board is flooded with input. This guy is worth picking up unless his injury is serious.

TODD DAVISLB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
10238.jpg

Broncos released ILB Todd Davis.

Davis started 59 games for Denver over the last four seasons but was entering the final year of his contract and suffered a calf injury during camp. His release saves the Broncos $4.5 million against the cap. Davis was Pro Football Focus' No. 20 off-ball linebacker out of 57 qualifiers who played at least 50% of the snaps last season, seeing positive marks for his run defense. The 28-year-old should get another chance elsewhere. This was probably more about money. Denver has Mark Barron, Alexander Johnson, Joe Jones, and newly-acquired Austin Calitro as options at the position.

Chiefs are THE best in the league at scooping up players from other teams this time of year. Going to be harder at the 32nd waiver spot though. This weekend should be fun to see if they can make some bottom of the roster moves.

cb, rb, and interior o line could see some movement on this roster in the coming days.