"Player X has been cut... should we sign them" - the thread

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well i think we need to take a chance and get him (Rosen) since it is no longer needed for a trade. I hope he passes thru waivers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29813475/dolphins-releasing-quarterback-josh-rosen

I really would not claim him on waivers and take on his 5 mil salary. If he clears waivers then maybe, but moore/ henne on the roster is more valuable to us.

8 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Rosen would be wise to get under Reid for a year. Resurrect his career and gain us a 2nd potentially. 

I feel like anyone that gets under Reid for any extended period of time is probably going to suffer serious injury, if not death. He looks like a guy who's killed a couple Chihuahuas in his lifetime without knowing they were under him. 

The Eagles released former second-round pick Sidney Jones. He was considered one of the elite cornerbacks in the 2017 draft but ruptured his Achilles at his pro day and has been hampered by various injuries ever since. Jones, 24, was hoping to vie for the starting corner spot opposite Darius Slayduring training camp but missed a significant amount of practice time with a lower-body issue, allowing Avonte Maddox to run away with the competition. A change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered for Jones, though the Eagles have interest in signing him to the practice squad should he go unclaimed on waivers. -- Tim McManus

Bring in Sidney Jones if he's healthy and get rid of him if he doesn't beat late round rookies. Rosen makes a lot of sense as well, I'm pretty sure Chiefs would be his #1 destination with Reid's ability to revive QB careers, in his case to actually start it. 2 vet minimum signings that might be useful at some point. 

12 hours ago, Balto said:

The Eagles released former second-round pick Sidney Jones. He was considered one of the elite cornerbacks in the 2017 draft but ruptured his Achilles at his pro day and has been hampered by various injuries ever since. Jones, 24, was hoping to vie for the starting corner spot opposite Darius Slayduring training camp but missed a significant amount of practice time with a lower-body issue, allowing Avonte Maddox to run away with the competition. A change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered for Jones, though the Eagles have interest in signing him to the practice squad should he go unclaimed on waivers. -- Tim McManus

Agreed. He is my top choice as well.

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

Bring in Sidney Jones if he's healthy and get rid of him if he doesn't beat late round rookies. Rosen makes a lot of sense as well, I'm pretty sure Chiefs would be his #1 destination with Reid's ability to revive QB careers, in his case to actually start it. 2 vet minimum signings that might be useful at some point. 

It's hard to understand how Rosen would gain that much with the Chiefs.  How can Reid rehabilitate him if he never plays?  Maybe Mahomes can pull an Alex Smith and tutor him a bit and Reid can coach him up slightly, but without experience, Rosen won't become worth a future pick. 

IsBrian Flores just said they made the best move for the Dolphins in regards to cutting Rosen.   As a coach you could word that 100 different ways that doesn't make it sound bad for the player but he didn't.   Curious if he isn't a tad bit cancerous in the lockerroom.   However, it would be nice to try and groom him for a year and then trade him for a mid-round pick next year during pre-season.    Worth giving him a spot over Taamu on the practice squad?

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

IsBrian Flores just said they made the best move for the Dolphins in regards to cutting Rosen.   As a coach you could word that 100 different ways that doesn't make it sound bad for the player but he didn't.   Curious if he isn't a tad bit cancerous in the lockerroom.   However, it would be nice to try and groom him for a year and then trade him for a mid-round pick next year during pre-season.    Worth giving him a spot over Taamu on the practice squad?

Tampa

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

It's hard to understand how Rosen would gain that much with the Chiefs.  How can Reid rehabilitate him if he never plays?  Maybe Mahomes can pull an Alex Smith and tutor him a bit and Reid can coach him up slightly, but without experience, Rosen won't become worth a future pick. 

I'm not sure if Mahomes could mentor him but he would definitely benefit from being around Reid. Andy simply has a way with QBs even if they don't see the field much and looks like we'll have at least 1 game where Mahomes will sit out after we lock on the #1 seed. The status of Reid's backup QB sure has some value around the NFL. 

51 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Brandon Carr, javien elliot, tramon williams, mo claiborne(last resort) are available in free agency in case of emergency at the moment. Would rather roll with our rookies for backups though. I really think fenton and ward are solid and our safeties are excellent at preventing the big play

I just keep waiting for Veach to throw our 2021 pick/s at a team for a stud corner.  CB just seems like our major hole 

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Doesn't mean he won't be a productive player eventually. Limited time to learn a new system. The number of waiver claims this year was incredibly small compared to most years.

By the time Jones cleared the COVID testing period and then got up to speed in the Chiefs' defensive scheme, Breeland would be close to coming back.  No reason to invest in a temporary CB at this point. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

By the time Jones cleared the COVID testing period and then got up to speed in the Chiefs' defensive scheme, Breeland would be close to coming back.  No reason to invest in a temporary CB at this point. 

With that thinking we shouldn’t try to get better at all this year?