"Player X has been cut... should we sign them" - the thread

5 hours ago, Balto said:

With that thinking we shouldn’t try to get better at all this year?

Not my point at all.  It's just that it won't help the Chiefs to bring in a temporary CB to fill for Breeland if the new guy has to go through the test period, then get up to speed on the Chiefs' defense, and isn't all that much of an upgrade over what they already have just for three games.  If they find someone better than Ward and Breeland that can start all year and they can afford him, then I'm all for it.  Jones doesn't fit that bill.

I agree with Jet.  We already have two young high upside but raw guys on the roster and two more young and somewhat proven guys in Ward and Fenton.  Unless a sure fire starter becomes available I’d rather take my lumps with the new guys and see what we got.   We don’t have room for any more developmental guys atm.  We need two of the 4 younger guys to develop into consistent above avg starters and a 3rd to be consistent and average.   Any of them turning into a stud is icing on the cake.   

21 hours ago, jetlord said:

By the time Jones cleared the COVID testing period and then got up to speed in the Chiefs' defensive scheme, Breeland would be close to coming back.  No reason to invest in a temporary CB at this point. 

I wouldnt view him as a temporary CB at all. I think that would be someone they evaluated to see if he can help long term. But they didnt.