Texans vs KC. Predictions

OK its one week till game one. I see a high scoring game with KC winning 48-44. Chiefs D struggles a bit with some key guys out. Houston scores late but was not really in the game. Mahommes  3 tds and 340 yards. Running game ineffective due to oline not in sync. Your predictions? . 

With a weird offseason I’m think most teams will start off slow on the offensive side of the ball.

That being said.....I see no slow start for Reid/Mahomes and our D will actually shine to the point we start threads about our corners gonna be ok.

I actually think Houston will try and break a record for most rushing attempts in a game haha

36-17 Chiefs

29 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Week 1 is always random. I can’t pick against the chiefs, but i feel this is the most likely game to lose of the year.

History says otherwise.  Andy, when he has extra prep time has a phenomenal record.  

Also... kc 12-0 in the first 4 games of the season in the last 3 years.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

History says otherwise.  Andy, when he has extra prep time has a phenomenal record.  

Also... kc 12-0 in the first 4 games of the season in the last 3 years.

I totally agree. I just mean I objectively think the chiefs are a 19-0 capable team and this, to me, is the toughest test of the year. will we go 19-0? almost certainly not, but it’s possible 

21 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I really think the Ravens and Saints on the road will be the toughest tests. For some reason the Bucs don't concern me.

Yeah objectively thats right, just seems like a combo of week 1, the texans out for blood, and the fact the texans get injured every year but will be healthy week 1 factors in.

on the other hand i refuse to believe bill obrien will defeat andy reid ever

38 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Yeah objectively thats right, just seems like a combo of week 1, the texans out for blood, and the fact the texans get injured every year but will be healthy week 1 factors in.

on the other hand i refuse to believe bill obrien will defeat andy reid ever

Except he did beat KC last regular season. Playoff: Chiefs scored on 8 consecutive drives and it would have been more if not for drops. Dont see how Texans get mush better results. KC in a shoot out.

37 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Except he did beat KC last regular season. Playoff: Chiefs scored on 8 consecutive drives and it would have been more if not for drops. Dont see how Texans get mush better results. KC in a shoot out.

Both teams will be rusty.   We got considerably better on O while they actually got worse.    There is a chance they come down with a few 50/50 balls and keep it close but I think 41-28 with them scoring a late meaningless TD.   

1 minute ago, gochiefsgo said:

What is Andy Reid’s opening game record as the Chiefs head coach? Cause he’s been waiting and planning for this game for months now. Chiefs will torment the Texans is my prediction. Pain. 

That weird Tennessee game is the only opening day loss I remember.  Then the big close call / comeback with Alex against the Chargers.

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Both teams will be rusty.   We got considerably better on O while they actually got worse.    There is a chance they come down with a few 50/50 balls and keep it close but I think 41-28 with them scoring a late meaningless TD.   

Agree but Im not sure the oline is better? The run blocking was awful last year and the #1 pick does not change that. I hope you are correct!

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

That weird Tennessee game is the only opening day loss I remember.  Then the big close call / comeback with Alex against the Chargers.

That is Andy's only opening day loss with KC.  2014.  6-1 opening day record in KC.

He was 7-7 in Philly.