GameDay poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Chiefs big by 10+
    • Chiefs in close game
    • Texans in close game
    • Texans big by 10+

20 hours ago, jetlord said:

High scoring game, Chiefs win by 10.  Texans have no one to cover CEH if they stop Kelce and Hill so Chiefs dominate on offense.  Snead get burned at CB and run defense misses Pennel so Texans score a lot.  Chiefs win a shootout. 

Do they even have a secondary to stop our attack? There's some chance that Eric Murray will be starting

55 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Do they even have a secondary to stop our attack? There's some chance that Eric Murray will be starting

They can put their best corner on Watkins, double Hill and double Kelce and just pray that Hardman and CEH don't eat them up.  Andy will scheme around them. 

31 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They can put their best corner on Watkins, double Hill and double Kelce and just pray that Hardman and CEH don't eat them up.  Andy will scheme around them. 

I would take a LB covering CEH and Hardman anytime like this .

Just now, jetlord said:

What LB?  They'll need six DBs to cover Hill, Watkins, Kelce, and Hardman.  CEH should have opportunities.  

He said 2 covering hill and kelce. I assume that would be a S and CB combos as an over and under coverage. Plus best cb on Watkins

That is 5 cb/s. 4 to the line and it leaves then 2 LBs. Or if they use LBs to cover Kelce under then it frees up a S etc. You can look at it many ways.

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He said 2 covering hill and kelce. I assume that would be a S and CB combos as an over and under coverage. Plus best cb on Watkins

That is 5 cb/s. 4 to the line and it leaves then 2 LBs. Or if they use LBs to cover Kelce under then it frees up a S etc. You can look at it many ways.

Who covers Hardman?  I think an 11 formation will cause the Texans some real trouble.  They aren't super strong at LB. 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Who covers Hardman?  I think an 11 formation will cause the Texans some real trouble.  They aren't super strong at LB. 

All depends. They go a zone 6? They do nickel with LBs, some form of cover 2 type zone etc. What is nice is Mahomes will see this and know to look at a certain spot on the route or a certain player. Also remember if you dont spy Mahomes, he can run too.

Pick your poison now that we may have a great rb since we had Hunt back there. I hope CEH just blows the hype all out of the water. Play zone and gash them with the run. Come up and we gash you with the pass. It will be awesome to watch if CEH is ready.

50 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

All depends. They go a zone 6? They do nickel with LBs, some form of cover 2 type zone etc. What is nice is Mahomes will see this and know to look at a certain spot on the route or a certain player. Also remember if you dont spy Mahomes, he can run too.

Pick your poison now that we may have a great rb since we had Hunt back there. I hope CEH just blows the hype all out of the water. Play zone and gash them with the run. Come up and we gash you with the pass. It will be awesome to watch if CEH is ready.

It will be awesome IF the OLINE is ready. I dont see that so maybe CEH is an effective dump off. Chiefs oline and run blocking is a big ?

Does anyone think that the majority of the US will be rooting for Watson and the Texans to take down KC on thursday. 

I was watching GMFB this morning and the general consensus there was they think the texans can beat the chiefs something about

it being Watsons turn after Pat and Lamar both got MVP, or maybe they are creating a false narrative

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Does anyone think that the majority of the US will be rooting for Watson and the Texans to take down KC on thursday. 

I was watching GMFB this morning and the general consensus there was they think the texans can beat the chiefs something about

it being Watsons turn after Pat and Lamar both got MVP, or maybe they are creating a false narrative

Do I care?..not in the slightest

On any given Sunday, thats why you play the game. 

Got to hype the game some how.

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

People always root for the underdog if their own favorite isn't playing.  Revenge time for the Texans.  Doesn't bother me. 

9 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

"Watson's turn," I hate that bullshit. It's nobodies turn except the person who earns it. That person will be named Patrick Mahomes...its who he is.

I'm more worried about our defense in this game in particular the corner position. We will see, but I think Texans are more dangerous without Hopkins and the addition of Cobb/ Johnson and Cook. Now cook may not play. I don't think this game will be an easy out. Our offense will be fine, hope we don't settle for FG.

Anyways, nervous as hell, and looking forward to some chiefs football.

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I'm more worried about our defense in this game in particular the corner position. We will see, but I think Texans are more dangerous without Hopkins and the addition of Cobb/ Johnson and Cook. Now cook may not play. I don't think this game will be an easy out. Our offense will be fine, hope we don't settle for FG.

Anyways, nervous as hell, and looking forward to some chiefs football.

I'm the opposite. Not really worried. Not feeling cocky or anything. I just think Chiefs are significantly a better team. Reid is what 6-1 in opening games as Chiefs head coach. Team is 3-0 the past 3 years and averaging 40 points over that span (all on the road). Texans are 0-3. Slow starters. Anything can happen but I feel pretty confident in this team despite it's weaknesses.

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Just saw on NFL Network...EA Sports did a simulation of Thursday's game. Texans won 10-7. Seriously?

WOW what are the odds of Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, CEH and all of Houston's team getting hurt before the game?