KC cutdown day list

2 hours ago, xen said:

Not really surprising.   The plan all along was to put him on the protected PS I would think.  Have to release him to do that.

That applies to several other releases as well, I assume.  Only surprises are keeping four TEs and that Durant made the team.  The rest is pretty obvious. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Had really high hopes for Speaks in 4-3 and we traded up for him. Definitely sucks to see a guy fail to reach his potential so early in his career. I'm pretty sure someone else will give him a chance but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at NT.

He will end up doing a few non productive years bouncing around. He just does not have that drive it seems to make it. Depth signing for any other team to give him a chance.

When Speaks came into camp last year way over-weight that was the end.  He had an opportunity to be apart of the rotation and lock down a spot on the roaster, but coming in over-weight and then getting injured ended all firm hope that he could do that.  So, like all good organizations, they addressed the hole he made himself by filling it with Okafor, Ogbah, and Suggs, and then Kpass developed and they went out and drafted Danna.  He had one weird and short offseason to prove himself and he couldn't get it done.   To be honest I had high hopes for him but more so as a pass-rushing DT.  He's not fast enough or good enough to be any real threat off of the edge.   Hope he finds another spot elsewhere.

Veach's Explanation for cutting Speaks:

“Of all the positions, that defensive line position is probably our deepest position,” Veach acknowledged. “With Breeland [Speaks], it was a different scheme when he got here, and our staff really thought his rookie year he did some things you can lay a foundation on. We all know he came in a little out of shape the next year, and then he had the injury. When you get behind the eight-ball in professional football, it’s tough. When you get behind the eight-ball on a roster with a deep defensive line, it’s even tougher.”

20 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Veach's Explanation for cutting Speaks:

“Of all the positions, that defensive line position is probably our deepest position,” Veach acknowledged. “With Breeland [Speaks], it was a different scheme when he got here, and our staff really thought his rookie year he did some things you can lay a foundation on. We all know he came in a little out of shape the next year, and then he had the injury. When you get behind the eight-ball in professional football, it’s tough. When you get behind the eight-ball on a roster with a deep defensive line, it’s even tougher.”

Sounds like his fate was sealed last year and was only a matter of someone pushing him off the roster for good. 

Speaks and Washington gone surprises. Watts sticking surprises me. 4 TEs surprises me. Other than that, I feel like we knew what was coming. 

The rook Olineman and Williams opting out was not good for their career. LDT was pretty stupid. Overpaid and should soak it up. He is as replaceable in the fight against COVID as he is replaceable on the line. Those guys are missing an opportunity to be a part of this team IMO.

10 hours ago, DieHard said:

Speaks and Washington gone surprises. Watts sticking surprises me. 4 TEs surprises me. Other than that, I feel like we knew what was coming. 

The rook Olineman and Williams opting out was not good for their career. LDT was pretty stupid. Overpaid and should soak it up. He is as replaceable in the fight against COVID as he is replaceable on the line. Those guys are missing an opportunity to be a part of this team IMO.

LDT already made some nice cash in the NFL and doesn't have much time left to earn big bucks so moving on to being a medical doctor is a very smart move IMO. Williams opted out due to his mother, definitely not good for his career but probably the right move. I agree with the rest, Niang probably hurt his career quite a bit and the TE situation is really unexpected. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

LDT already made some nice cash in the NFL and doesn't have much time left to earn big bucks so moving on to being a medical doctor is a very smart move IMO. Williams opted out due to his mother, definitely not good for his career but probably the right move. I agree with the rest, Niang probably hurt his career quite a bit and the TE situation is really unexpected. 

Fair points. If I were LDT, I would have considered how short the window of NFL opportunity is and the amount of money that can be earned in that narrow window. The medical profession isn’t going anywhere. And he can do that for the next 40 years. With all the investment the Chiefs made to repeat, I would have little sense of humor about players opting out of this season. I would move on without them and they would not take another snap for my team.