Practice Squad Forming:

The Kansas City Chiefs have finalized their 53-man roster and now will fill out a 16-man practice squad.

Chiefs practice squad members (3/16)

Cuts, waiver claims, practice squad news, updates

• 11:19 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs are signing LB Omari Cobb to the practice squad, per Herbie Teope
  • 11:14 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Quarterback Jordan Ta’amu is reported to “be in the process” of being signed to the practice squad, per Herbie Teope
  • 10:41 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs are signing wide receiver Jody Fortson to the practice squad, per Sam McDowell
  • 10:15 a.m. Arrowhead Time In his Sunday morning press conference, Chiefs general manager Brett Veach says the team hopes to sign running back DeAndre Washington to the team’s practice squad

• 11:34 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Per Adam Schefter, only 17 NFL players were claimed on the waiver wire before the deadline. In most years, about 50 players are claimed by other teams after the roster cutdown.
  • 11:32 a.m. Arrowhead Time: former Chiefs Jackson Barton and Adrian Colbert were both claimed off waviers by the New York Giants, per Matt Derrick

I love Gehrig Dieter and think he's a decent player but I laughed when his wife tried to claim he wasn't on this roster because of his friendship with Mahomes.   Again not saying he's terrible but he is the embodiment of a practice squad player and isn't this his 4 year so this is the last year they can stash him there?   

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I love Gehrig Dieter and think he's a decent player but I laughed when his wife tried to claim he wasn't on this roster because of his friendship with Mahomes.   Again not saying he's terrible but he is the embodiment of a practice squad player and isn't this his 4 year so this is the last year they can stash him there?   

I think it's in Mahomes contract to keep his pal Gehrig on the PS

1 hour ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Just a silly question.  Do the Chiefs really need 2 QB's in Matt Moore and Jordan Ta'amu?  Actually I would like to see Ta'amu on the 53 man squad since he is a reported to be a gadget player that Andy could scheme around.

Just a guess, but probably Ta'amu is only there for grooming for possible down the road duty.  No way would Andy trust him to play as a backup this yeaar.  Moore makes sense as the immediate backup if something happened to Mahomes or Henne.  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just a guess, but probably Ta'amu is only there for grooming for possible down the road duty.  No way would Andy trust him to play as a backup this yeaar.  Moore makes sense as the immediate backup if something happened to Mahomes or Henne.  

Ta'amu is similar in some aspects to Mahomes which makes sense down the road.   Having a backup being able to step in and be able to run the same style of offense (obviously on a lower level) has value.   

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

That’s my guess.  Philly has Mcnown on speed dial in Texas for that very thing.   I would be surprised if Matt won’t even be at the facility during the week.

Unless Henne goes down with something I'm pretty sure Moore won't be in KC for long. Some team will need him rather soon.