Season record predictions?

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

See what he did yesterday?

Looked really good. Threw some nice deep balls. Improved in the area where the criticism existed. If he improves there consistently, mahomes and Lamar have a decade battle coming. I’m already there. He’s a stud. As long as he doesn’t get crushed running it. I think the ravens will dial the running back anyway. If he can continue to throw like that, he won’t need to run.

10 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Looked really good. Threw some nice deep balls. Improved in the area where the criticism existed. If he improves there consistently, mahomes and Lamar have a decade battle coming. I’m already there. He’s a stud. As long as he doesn’t get crushed running it. I think the ravens will dial the running back anyway. If he can continue to throw like that, he won’t need to run.

7 carries for 45 yards. 5 were designed, 2 were scrambles. JK Dobbins is the real deal, added to Ingram, Edwards- no need for Lamar to run except when flushed. Touch on the deep balls was outstanding

30 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Didn't watch the raven game but the ones I caught last year I noticed Lamar dosen't like to throw down the sidelines. Seem to be mostly dump offs to the RV's with te down the middle and wr slants down the middle.

Here are three ways in which Jackson improved as a passer:

Tight windows. Jackson was 3-of-4 on tight-window throws Sunday. He hit a well-covered Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on a perfectly thrown 47-yard strike. Last year, he completed 31% of those throws. The key is Jackson is throwing to specific areas and not targets.

"He's a lot more pinpoint with it," Brown said. "Now it's our job to get to that spot because that is where he is putting it."

Deeper throws. One of Jackson's biggest goals was to drive the ball more downfield. Jackson did just that against the Browns, going 9-of-10 for 180 yards on passes of 10 yards or more, including a 19-yard touchdown pass to Willie Snead (which traveled 18 yards in the air). That's the most such completions in a game in Jackson's career. Last season, Jackson completed just 49.2% of passes over 10 yards, which ranked 19th in the NFL.

Play action. Jackson was a perfect 10-of-10 for 128 yards on play-action passes against Cleveland, including his five-yard touchdown pass to Andrews in the first quarter. That tied for the most play-action completions of Jackson’s career. Last season, Jackson completed 65.1% of play-action attempts, which ranked just 22nd in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Here are three ways in which Jackson improved as a passer:

Tight windows. Jackson was 3-of-4 on tight-window throws Sunday. He hit a well-covered Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on a perfectly thrown 47-yard strike. Last year, he completed 31% of those throws. The key is Jackson is throwing to specific areas and not targets.

"He's a lot more pinpoint with it," Brown said. "Now it's our job to get to that spot because that is where he is putting it."

Deeper throws. One of Jackson's biggest goals was to drive the ball more downfield. Jackson did just that against the Browns, going 9-of-10 for 180 yards on passes of 10 yards or more, including a 19-yard touchdown pass to Willie Snead (which traveled 18 yards in the air). That's the most such completions in a game in Jackson's career. Last season, Jackson completed just 49.2% of passes over 10 yards, which ranked 19th in the NFL.

Play action. Jackson was a perfect 10-of-10 for 128 yards on play-action passes against Cleveland, including his five-yard touchdown pass to Andrews in the first quarter. That tied for the most play-action completions of Jackson’s career. Last season, Jackson completed 65.1% of play-action attempts, which ranked just 22nd in the NFL.

Thats good.  Now let's see it consistently against good teams.  Thats the next step.  Good start though.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:54 PM, xen said:

Thats good.  Now let's see it consistently against good teams.  Thats the next step.  Good start though.

AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Were the 49ers a good team when you played them in the Super Bowl? Patriots in the 2018 AFCCG? Seattle in 2019? Just give him credit.