Thoughts from the game...

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No. It isn't. Why are you acting offended by the fact that I dont think we have a good linebacking corps?

What team are you watching? These guys can't cover worth a damn. Its OK to have a position group that struggles. You seem to realize that because you alluded to it in your post. So are you related to one of them or what?

There is no way you can offend me. Its just my take.

The thing I noticed was that it looked like an imitation of the 49ers mid 80’s offense last night with Joe Cool at the helm throwing precision passes to practically everyone except it was the Chiefs doing the exact same thing. A freaking 9 minute 17 play drive? Damn!! That ball control offense and a serious attention to the run game is going to be impossible for other teams to deal with.

And what’s this booing thing? Don’t the Chiefs fans always boo the opposing team when they come out on the field? 
Usually both teams come out for the anthem but it just happened that the Texans did not come out till after and that coincided with the unity message. maybe I’m wrong but that seems more logical than people actually booing the unity demonstration. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

The booing was pretty embarrassing. The only black mark on a perfect start to the season. All the players, except one, were very classy and stood during the anthem. The fans should have followed suite and shown class even if you don’t support the players unity. Just my opinion.

I guess I just don’t see how anyone would be compelled to boo something like that. If that’s the actual reason why some rat bastard idiots were booing then it is pretty terrible if that’s what happened there. 

“I’m pissed off.  I felt like we played fairly decent, up until the last couple stretches in the fourth quarter, started giving up big plays, big chunks. Things that we weren’t necessarily doing throughout the game. In my mind, we have a lot more work to do. If we would’ve held those guys to seven points, it would’ve been a much better feeling. Those guys scoring 20 leaves a bad taste in our mouth. We got a lot of work to do. I’m looking forward to next week.”

- Tyrann Mathieu in his post game presser.  

light em up HB!

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

The booing was pretty embarrassing. The only black mark on a perfect start to the season. All the players, except one, were very classy and stood during the anthem. The fans should have followed suite and shown class even if you don’t support the players unity. Just my opinion.

check out Whitlocks article on the issue ..might shed some light on things..is in the Locker room..

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

I guess I just don’t see how anyone would be compelled to boo something like that. If that’s the actual reason why some rat bastard idiots were booing then it is pretty terrible if that’s what happened there. 

take it to the LR .. there is a great article from Whitlock on the matter

The D will come around...weird off-season, no pre-season games, so only "tackling " teammates so far. Takes some time to hit all cylinders. Week 4 and I think the D will be winning us some games by then. 

With CEH and Reid giving us a complete offense and controlling the clock, it was almost boring because we were so damn good and dominant. 

Easily left 14 points on the field because DRob can't catch a ball despite perfect ball placement. 

Its only going to get better!

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

The D will come around...weird off-season, no pre-season games, so only "tackling " teammates so far. Takes some time to hit all cylinders. Week 4 and I think the D will be winning us some games by then. 

With CEH and Reid giving us a complete offense and controlling the clock, it was almost boring because we were so damn good and dominant. 

Easily left 14 points on the field because DRob can't catch a ball despite perfect ball placement. 

Its only going to get better!

I would say we left 7 points on the field.  Watkins scored the TD after the 2nd drop by DRob. 

One Texans' TD was on a obvious false start that wasn't called.  Yeah, it's part of the game, but that might have left the defense a little less embarrassed.  As for Gay, I'm wondering if he's just a slow learner.  With his physical talents, he should have been in at least in garbage time. 

This is the second consecutive game where J.J. Watt refuses to line up in front of Eric Fisher, maybe he did, but I didn't see it.   I think  that said more to me about the Texans defense more than anything else.     They were solid on goal line situations(Houston's defense), but other than that, the left side (Chiefs offense) was getting chunks of yardage all night.