My one take

Just now, Calichief said:

Also, how good was fish with that guy next to him.

Great to see a good LG. If he continues all year i hope we extend him. Also note through it all with new people, no off season games etc we had just had 1 penalty for 5 yards. Huge improvement as we usually had 3 or more each game on the O line itself. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Memo to Reid:  When running on the goal line, don't use the right side. (or was that just a test after the game was decided?)

Well, I think it was an obvious running situation with the clock etc. so Houston was selling out. But it would be nice to get that when the other teams knows it’s coming.

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

running right at JJ at the goal line didn't make much sense to me.  

Makes sense to me.  Game is over at that point.  You've got a new interior line mix amd you've had no preseason games.  Line em up and see what you're working with.  If it doesn't work that's also valuable information so you can figure out why and fix it.  

44 minutes ago, xen said:

Makes sense to me.  Game is over at that point.  You've got a new interior line mix amd you've had no preseason games.  Line em up and see what you're working with.  If it doesn't work that's also valuable information so you can figure out why and fix it.  

Same thing learning on defense with all the depth that had to play. Fix what you saw was wrong and move forward.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I didn't realize Osemele was a former pro bowl guard with the Ravens. I guess you guys were following it. Either way, looks like a good pickup by Veach. 

The guy just has to stay healthy.  That seemed to be his problem earlier.  Maybe playing for a ring will cure him.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Wylie is the weak link on our Oline.   Interested to see if Rankins can take his spot when he gets back.

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Wylie is the weak link on our Oline.   Interested to see if Rankins can take his spot when he gets back.

We'll see.   Wylie looked really good replacing LDT at right guard a few years ago.  I believe those memories were overridden by his shitty play on the left side last year, but i assure you it did happen.

Some guys are naturally better on one side or the other.  Or maybe it was all a mirage and he's really the guy that sucked last year.  

1 hour ago, xen said:

We'll see.   Wylie looked really good replacing LDT at right guard a few years ago.  I believe those memories were overridden by his shitty play on the left side last year, but i assure you it did happen.

Some guys are naturally better on one side or the other.  Or maybe it was all a mirage and he's really the guy that sucked last year.  

If I were a betting man, I'd lean towards the latter...

5 hours ago, xen said:

No I remember that xen, and he did go against Watt most of the game so there is that as well.   I'm willing to give him a couple games but I do think Rankins has more upside.    

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

No I remember that xen, and he did go against Watt most of the game so there is that as well.   I'm willing to give him a couple games but I do think Rankins has more upside.    

agreed but more talent does not always equal better player.  But yeah, there's a reason Rankin was a high draft pick.  Here's hoping Andy Heck can unlock his potential.