Home Field Advantage

53 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

Not real sure how much the crowd plays anymore?  I think it's the travel that probably is more of the issue.

JMO here but I think  Stadiums such as Arrowhead and  Seattle  along with some Dome's do make a difference..maybe not like they  used to since the ticket prices have pushed the rabid loud fans out but I still think it matters and I think the players do feed of their excitement.

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

I wish they would turn off the fake crowd noise.  One really enjoyed watching UFC completely raw where I can hear the coaches and everything going on.  Be interesting to hear everything going on inside the game during this rare season. 

They won't do that. The FCC would be all over them for swearing on the air. If you delay it, people will be mad it is not live etc. I doubt they want to have a bleeper guy at all 16 games too.

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

JMO here but I think  Stadiums such as Arrowhead and  Seattle  along with some Dome's do make a difference..maybe not like they  used to since the ticket prices have pushed the rabid loud fans out but I still think it matters and I think the players do feed of their excitement.

I think it's still probably loud enough to make a difference but offenses have adjusted with hand signals and silent counts.  They hadn't had to deal with it prior to the 1980's/90s. 

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

My whole thing is the fact it never mattered all the years prior.  Especially comparing the 90's fans to todays.

49 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I wish they would turn off the fake crowd noise.  One really enjoyed watching UFC completely raw where I can hear the coaches and everything going on.  Be interesting to hear everything going on inside the game during this rare season. 

You didn't hear all the "F*&^%" during the broadcasts? I did...

10 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

My whole thing is the fact it never mattered all the years prior.  Especially comparing the 90's fans to todays.

I'm sure it matters.  Just probably not as much as we want it to or think it does.  But a false start can be the difference between 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 6.  And that does happen occasionally due to communication problems.  And burning a timeout that you don't want to affects the game.  And it's hard to say how much a little extra excitement affects our defenders.  Especially when they are tired.  Adrenaline is not a bad thing. 

Last year we gave up 6.9 YPA passing on the road to 6.4 at home. 

In 2018 through 2015 the difference has been consistent.

2018--8.1 to 6.7

2017--7.5 to 6.6

2016--8.1 to 5.9

2015--7.0 to 6.0

That can't all be attributed to travel fatigue IMO.

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

They artificially increased the impact of the crowd noise over the stadium here in with a special setup to keep the crowd noise while pushing up the ticket prices. It's not that big of a deal when watching on TV but feels really weird to hear so much noise in the stadium when people around you are just sitting down and watching the game with minimal noise. 

16 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I am pretty sure that the home crowd fan noise makes a difference.  I will always remember when Elway was the QB and he complained to the Refs how noisy it was.  The announcer came over the loud speaker and asked the crowd to quiet down.  They got a hell of a lot louder!

I get the crowd noise but they don't know how to use it. One game the noise was too loud overall and it sounded like the announcers were having to talk over it. Another game I saw a penalty called on the visiting team and the fake crowd reacted like 10 seconds after the call. I hate fake fans 🙄

23 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I get the crowd noise but they don't know how to use it. One game the noise was too loud overall and it sounded like the announcers were having to talk over it. Another game I saw a penalty called on the visiting team and the fake crowd reacted like 10 seconds after the call. I hate fake fans 🙄

It should be noted that the crowd noise in stadium is different than what you hear on the broadcast. Then networks can chose how they do their crowd noise on the broadcast. All teams must play the League provided crowd noise at 70 db in stadium.

1 hour ago, Chiefs Convert said:

It should be noted that the crowd noise in stadium is different than what you hear on the broadcast. Then networks can chose how they do their crowd noise on the broadcast. All teams must play the League provided crowd noise at 70 db in stadium.

I was watching a game- I think last night's Broncos.  The home team lost a challenge and they booed a little on the crowd noise thingie.  I didn't expect that.  

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I was watching a game- I think last night's Broncos.  The home team lost a challenge and they booed a little on the crowd noise thingie.  I didn't expect that.  

From what I understand it is the networks controlling that crowd noise.  It isn't pumped in the stadiums.  

Never mind seems like Convert had a better grasp of what was going on.

I know the packers vikings game noise was lame.  Pats game seemed more real, along with saints bucs game as well. 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:03 PM, kcchief4lif said:

The Chiefs season ticket base was really built in the 90s and aged into their 50s during this decade. And someone in their 50s just isn’t as crazy as they were in their 20s.
The end of the King Carl era and the Pioli era really cleared out a solid core of those long term fans which worked out great because the Mahomes era brought a noticeably younger more boisterous fan back. And Arrowhead has been fantastic the last two years. And is part of the reason we are World Champs today IMO. 
All that said, the technology and know how of how to maneuver around crowd noise on offense makes home field advantage today less than in the past anywhere.