2020 Chiefs Defense tracker

let's track how the D is shaping up.  Post your relevant stats, articles, and whatever here.

After game 1:

14th in Total yards given up (360)

18th passing yards (242)

15th rushing yards (118)

Tied for 7th in points allowed (20)

DVOA total D 25th

14th in passing DVOA

31st in rushing DVOA

3rd Pressure rate per football outsiders 

As expected D was good against the pass, great in getting pressures, shitty vs run.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Says more about the Texans horrible O-line.

At least thats what the theory is on this Board- its always the "other guys sucked so bad"

Not arguing but there is a slight distinction between a multi division winner and playoff team the past few years and a team that hasn't sniffed as much as a winning record in years don't you think?

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Not arguing but there is a slight distinction between a multi division winner and playoff team the past few years and a team that hasn't sniffed as much as a winning record in years don't you think?

Nah, its "every team the Chiefs play is 'All World' and we destroyed them. You played the JV" on every post

Ravens play division leaders and have a much tougher schedule this year as a division winner. It will all work out in the end. Playing the browns is nothing to be touting. It would be like us playing the Raiders lately. Ravens have an improved team in their division that might take it this year for the division in the Steelers. First game means little really as teams had no off season and will be rusty even in a good win.

It's hard to tell how much those stats mean.  The Chiefs had a commanding lead for so much of the game that rushing yards allowed would naturally be lower since the Texans were playing catch up all night.  The number of pressures was impressive especially against a mobile QB like Watson. 

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's hard to tell how much those stats mean.  The Chiefs had a commanding lead for so much of the game that rushing yards allowed would naturally be lower since the Texans were playing catch up all night.  The number of pressures was impressive especially against a mobile QB like Watson. 

I agree it's hard to tell, but it's much more promising versus last and previous years. I remember the Chiefs starting off last season and the seasons before giving up big yards in the first few games. I had hoped they would get a handle on it, and they did last season towards the end, but usually they hadn't in the past. They were who they were , not a good defense.

This start is much better, against a decent offense & good QB. 

With all the Covid stuff that went on, and no preseason, I guess only time will tell how it affects all the teams. I like what I've seen so far from the Chiefs vs. the other teams.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

they don't mean anything after only one week.

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

I like Hands and his Ravens love.  He's like some of the former LR posters.  Always wrong, but interesting to debate. 

Not really. I was right about Cassel. I was right about Croyle. I was right about Pioli. I was right about a lot of things in the past.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

Not really. I was right about Cassel. I was right about Croyle. I was right about Pioli. I was right about a lot of things in the past.

Not to hard to be right about those 3 really.  Pioli was about the one guy I thought could do good for us.  Boy was I wrong on him. We did quickly move in though and for that I give Clark credit.

19 hours ago, xen said:

take it to the nfl forum if you want to talk Ravens 

It's not me turning it into "Lamar Jackson sucks in the playoffs" every thread. Maybe remind your fellow Chief fans. Look back at this thread: I post one thing about applying the same standards and everyone starts posting about the Ravens- I said nothing.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Not to hard to be right about those 3 really.  Pioli was about the one guy I thought could do good for us.  Boy was I wrong on him. We did quickly move in though and for that I give Clark credit.

While true,  have been here for 15 years on this and the old Star Board. Myself, BroncoStud and OC were the only non-Chief fans invited over when the Coalition started. So, I have seen a lot. I will admit I was wrong about Berry being drafted so high, I never thought a Safety should be drafted at #5. He was worth it for a few years.

13 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

That's some next level Nostradamus shit.  Props for going against the tidal wave of Chiefs fans that were excited about Cassel and Croyle.  That took guts and conviction.  :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

It's not me turning it into "Lamar Jackson sucks in the playoffs" every thread. Maybe remind your fellow Chief fans. Look back at this thread: I post one thing about applying the same standards and everyone starts posting about the Ravens- I said nothing.

Calm your tits, I'm just messing with you.