2020 Chiefs Defense tracker

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. You all fell for it.

If you are suggesting that a fan base that had Tyler Thigpen as a quarterback was glad to see Matt Cassel, then sure.  That's probably true.  Sort of like in the movie 127 hours when the guy was glad to see a mud puddle after cutting off his arm.   I doubt he saw it as the drink of the future.   It was a huge upgrade for us and within 2 years we went from 2-14 to winning the division.  But I don't think anyone confused Matt Cassel with Peyton Manning. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

If you are suggesting that a fan base that had Tyler Thigpen as a quarterback was glad to see Matt Cassel, then sure.  That's probably true.  Sort of like in the movie 127 hours when the guy was glad to see a mud puddle after cutting off his arm.   I doubt he saw it as the drink of the future.   It was a huge upgrade for us and within 2 years we went from 2-14 to winning the division.  But I don't think anyone confused Matt Cassel with Peyton Manning. 

Oh man, you would wrong.

9 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. You all fell for it.

This is how I remembered it.

I would say I fell for it, because I was a pretty big homer. I wanted Croyle and Cassel to work out as a Chiefs fan.

I wouldn't agree that all or even most Chiefs fans fell for it on this forum, especially about Croyle. I would say that a lot of them agreed with you.

One of my favorite threads you started years ago was "chart the Chiefs defense"  It sucked to read, but was funny at the same time, because I thought you were just trolling & messing with us. This thread is similar, but will be more positive IMO, because I believe the Chiefs defense has the potential to get better. 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:40 AM, qnet said:

This is how I remembered it.

I would say I fell for it, because I was a pretty big homer. I wanted Croyle and Cassel to work out as a Chiefs fan.

I wouldn't agree that all or even most Chiefs fans fell for it on this forum, especially about Croyle. I would say that a lot of them agreed with you.

One of my favorite threads you started years ago was "chart the Chiefs defense"  It sucked to read, but was funny at the same time, because I thought you were just trolling & messing with us. This thread is similar, but will be more positive IMO, because I believe the Chiefs defense has the potential to get better. 

I remember that! It was a reminder of how bad GRob and that defense was.

Good times.