Lamar

Handswarmer

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

LJ didn't lose that game

He didn't win it either.  3.92 yards per rush, 186 yards passing and the int is not getting it done.  The team has now lost 3 out of 4 and, by any metric, LJ has regressed both passing and running.  I think at this point, the conversation is not how to structure a long term deal but whether he is the long term quarterback solution. 

20 hours ago, reesebobby said:

He didn't win it either.  3.92 yards per rush, 186 yards passing and the int is not getting it done.  The team has now lost 3 out of 4 and, by any metric, LJ has regressed both passing and running.  I think at this point, the conversation is not how to structure a long term deal but whether he is the long term quarterback solution. 

Did you watch the game or just look at the stat sheet?

20 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Took them down the field to tie the game and force OT.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Did you watch the game or just look at the stat sheet?

Im looking at the stat sheet. You think hes as good as last year?   You are in a pretty exclusive club if you do.  You could probably be club president if you want the job.  Much easier than secretary or treasurer. 

On 11/24/2020 at 10:20 AM, reesebobby said:

Im looking at the stat sheet. You think hes as good as last year?   You are in a pretty exclusive club if you do.  You could probably be club president if you want the job.  Much easier than secretary or treasurer. 

I am asking you to look at the play objectively. There are a number of factors that go into the lack of success this year:

-Retirement of Marshall Yanda, All Pro, HOF RG who set the tone in the huddle and made all the calls on the line.

- lack of OTA's and Limited Training camp

-Loss of All Pro LT Ronnie Stanley, other injuries along the OL

-lack fo production from Mark Ingrahm.

-trading Hayden Hurst and the loss of TE NIck Boyle

-whole off season of the league looking at film and lack of adjustment from Offensive Staff

-lack of development of WR's Brown and Boykin

On 11/23/2020 at 10:35 AM, reesebobby said:

Tom Brady attempted 48 passes to produce 216 yards with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown.

Awesome stats.

24 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Tom Brady attempted 48 passes to produce 216 yards with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown.

Awesome stats.

1.  Do not ever compare LJ to Tom Brady again.  That's just stupid.

2.  If you do compare LJ to Tom Brady, please acknowledge that Tom is 43 years old, took over a 7-9 team, has that 7-9 team sitting at 7-4, has out thrown LJ by over 1000 yards and has put up 60 or so more points than the reigning MVP with 10 more touchdowns. 

3.  Don't ever compare LJ to Tom Brady again.  That's just stupid.

I’m usually all over Chiefs off-season and watching signings and such, but when we get closer to Lamar getting his long term contract I’ll be locked on the computer waiting for that news lolol.  Lamars contract will cripple the Ravens and it will be 5+ years before they can recoup.

In all honesty if the reports are true that Trevor Lawrence might boycott the Jets drafting him at #1, the Ravens should offer Lamar to the dumb Jets for that #1 pick and get Lawrence and that sweet sweet rookie salary.  Then I’d start being worried of the Ravens.

9 hours ago, Balto said:

I’m usually all over Chiefs off-season and watching signings and such, but when we get closer to Lamar getting his long term contract I’ll be locked on the computer waiting for that news lolol.  Lamars contract will cripple the Ravens and it will be 5+ years before they can recoup.

In all honesty if the reports are true that Trevor Lawrence might boycott the Jets drafting him at #1, the Ravens should offer Lamar to the dumb Jets for that #1 pick and get Lawrence and that sweet sweet rookie salary.  Then I’d start being worried of the Ravens.

Could anyone blame Lawrence?  That franchise is a mess.

I still wouldn't do that if I was the Ravens.  They've built their entire organization around LJ.  They've got to see if they can unlock his passing game.  

Maybe a soft rebuild.  Get him some bigger pass catchers who can go get contested balls and another tight end.  

Plus you're right, I don't want to see Harbaugh paired with a guy like Lawrence lol

However, ESPN dove into the analytics and came up with a different answer: Don't blame Jackson. Blame Marshal Yanda.

ESPN's research showed that the eight-time Pro Bowl guard's retirement this offseason is the biggest factor in the offense going from leading the league in scoring in 2019 to 24th in yards per game in 2020.

Yanda's absence has played a significant role in the Ravens having less success in the run game and on early downs, which has made it more difficult to sustain drives and win the time of possession battle.

"Now, it's hard to lay all of this on one event or one person, but it's hard to ignore the impact the offseason retirement of longtime guard Marshal Yanda has had on this offense," ESPN's Dan Graziano wrote. "Last season, the Ravens averaged a league-high 56.6 yards per game on runs up the middle. It's 35.6 this season, which ranks 17th. Their average yards per rush on those runs is also down from 4.5 to 3.6. The difference between second-and-five and second-and-seven, stretched out over 10 games, is significant."

Graziano said the data simply doesn't support the notion that Jackson's weakness throwing outside the numbers and the offense's lack of explosive plays have significantly contributed to the unit's decline.

"Explosive plays? The 2020 Ravens are actually a little bit better at those. Their explosive play rate last season was 6.2%, good for 18th in the NFL. This year, they're up to 6.4%, which ranks ninth," Graziano wrote. "Jackson outside the numbers? About the same. He's averaging 6.4 yards per attempt on throws outside the numbers, same as he did last season. His yards per completion on those throws is actually up from 9.5 to 10.8.

"Jackson might need more development as a passer, which is fair, since he's still only 23 years old. He might need better weapons at wide receiver. But those things were true last year, too, and the Ravens' offense set records. This year, the foundational things on which many of those records were set have crumbled a bit — just enough to take their offense from otherworldly to ordinary, and possibly out of the playoff picture."

On 11/25/2020 at 3:07 PM, reesebobby said:

1.  Do not ever compare LJ to Tom Brady again.  That's just stupid.

2.  If you do compare LJ to Tom Brady, please acknowledge that Tom is 43 years old, took over a 7-9 team, has that 7-9 team sitting at 7-4, has out thrown LJ by over 1000 yards and has put up 60 or so more points than the reigning MVP with 10 more touchdowns. 

3.  Don't ever compare LJ to Tom Brady again.  That's just stupid.

LOL- you throw up stats, and don't watch the games, then tell me who I can or can't compare him to? 

Two bigs spheres of hubris you got there....especially when you have Mahpmes as a QB.....

Just now, Handswarmer said:

LOL- yu throw up stats, and don't watch the games, then tell me who I can or can't compare him to? 

Two bigs sheres of hubris you got there....especially when you have Mahpmes as a QB.....

It's not like I haven't seen him play a lot.  I didn't see the game in question, but I know who he is.  You give him a pass every time you lose a game, so it's hard to believe that in a game that his stat line was so poor that he wasn't as much to blame as the coaches and defense.   Getting rid of Harbaugh and your defense and keeping LJ suits me just fine.

Just now, reesebobby said:

It's not like I haven't seen him play a lot.  I didn't see the game in question, but I know who he is.  You give him a pass every time you lose a game, so it's hard to believe that in a game that his stat line was so poor that he wasn't as much to blame as the coaches and defense.   Getting rid of Harbaugh and your defense and keeping LJ suits me just fine.

No, I criticize when I see fit. I just don't have to have a hard on for him because I am somehow insecure.