The Chargers

I know Mahomes is amazing and definitely needs weapons, but weapons are moot if he has no time to find them or they have no time to get open.   If we don't get better on the Oline we might be looking at a repeat of the Aaron Rodgers in GB years.    Gotta invest heavily in that Oline.   I'll be honest.  I think our defensive coaching staff (outside of the lb corp up to this point) has and will continue to develop mid round picks into competent starters.   I don't have nearly as much faith in Andy Heck in developing Olineman.  Who have we developed so far?   

Is Larry Warfard still available.   If Schwartz and Fisher can't keep guys off him at least push them around him and give him a pocket to step into.

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I know Mahomes is amazing and definitely needs weapons, but weapons are moot if he has no time to find them or they have no time to get open.   If we don't get better on the Oline we might be looking at a repeat of the Aaron Rodgers in GB years.    Gotta invest heavily in that Oline.   I'll be honest.  I think our defensive coaching staff (outside of the lb corp up to this point) has and will continue to develop mid round picks into competent starters.   I don't have nearly as much faith in Andy Heck in developing Olineman.  Who have we developed so far?   

Is Larry Warfard still available.   If Schwartz and Fisher can't keep guys off him at least push them around him and give him a pocket to step into.

Larry warford is supposedly opting out. I am very concerned about schwartz, dude has been a rock the last few years and currently looks worse than fisher

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

True, but gameplan was to get the ball down the field. Reid reverted to his old self again. Stopped running the ball and too many deep routes. No line can block elite pass rushers when you're streaking everyone down the field. Only a FEW times did we see Hill cross over the middle for short gainers....and it was there all day.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Our front 7 just cannot tackle to save their lives. We need any sort of upgrade at LB, throw in street FAs if needed. 

Finally someone mentioning the abysmal tackling from our front 7. It really got to be comical. If it were any other team but mine I would be ROFLMAO...instead I am SMDH!!

I agree that Reid's play calling is got to change. When you have d lines like San Fran/ San Diego with edge rushers like they have, the game plan needs to compliment that. Apparently both of these defenses also used a cover 3 majority of the time. The combo of the fast d line ( edge rushers) and cover 3 is the next hurdle the chiefs need to beat consistently. A while back it was man coverage, they have fixed that, but now its cover 3.

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I agree that Reid's play calling is got to change. When you have d lines like San Fran/ San Diego with edge rushers like they have, the game plan needs to compliment that. Apparently both of these defenses also used a cover 3 majority of the time. The combo of the fast d line ( edge rushers) and cover 3 is the next hurdle the chiefs need to beat consistently. A while back it was man coverage, they have fixed that, but now its cover 3.

Keep in mind, they did figure out and beat this defense in the SB.

Mahomes mentioned after the SB and prior to this same that the Chargers play a tough defense, similar to Niners. I get what you're saying to an extent, but I think it's more than the play calling. I think the O line is going to have to improve what they're doing, if that's possible, and I think/hope it is. 

The Chargers also know the Chiefs well since they play them twice a year. If you go back to the games the Chiefs played them since Mahomes has been starting, they've all been tough. 

44 minutes ago, qnet said:

Keep in mind, they did figure out and beat this defense in the SB.

Mahomes mentioned after the SB and prior to this same that the Chargers play a tough defense, similar to Niners. I get what you're saying to an extent, but I think it's more than the play calling. I think the O line is going to have to improve what they're doing, if that's possible, and I think/hope it is. 

The Chargers also know the Chiefs well since they play them twice a year. If you go back to the games the Chiefs played them since Mahomes has been starting, they've all been tough. 

Chiefs have been the team to beat in AFC West for quite a while. We don't really observe the process a lot but all 3 teams enter the offseason with a single goal in mind, hence the tougher mindset. 

7 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Chiefs have been the team to beat in AFC West for quite a while. We don't really observe the process a lot but all 3 teams enter the offseason with a single goal in mind, hence the tougher mindset. 

No doubt.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/9/21/21448621/the-winners-and-losers-of-nfl-week-2

The winners and losers of week 2

Loser: Punting to Patrick Mahomes
There are some situations when there are no good choices but one of them can still be way better than the others. For example: Let’s say you’re on a boat, and the water is filled with icebergs, and you’re being chased by a giant killer shark, and the only person who knows how to pilot a boat has just been eaten by the giant killer shark. Your options are trying to pilot the boat through the icebergs or just letting the shark eat you. Even though you’ve never piloted a boat before, you gotta try to pilot the boat, because there’s a chance you might not die. The other option is getting eaten by a giant killer shark.

The Chargers chose to get eaten by the giant killer shark. Somehow, they battled their way into overtime with the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs. On the first possession of overtime, they gained 9 yards on three plays, bringing up fourth-and-1. They had two options: try to pick up a first down or punt. If they had tried to pick up a first down, they might have failed, giving Kansas City the ball in field goal range. However, if they punted? That meant they gave the ball to Patrick Mahomes. In a sudden-death situation.

The Chargers punted, and Kansas City drove and kicked a 58-yard field goal for the win. (Due to a penalty and a well-timed timeout, Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker actually hit three field goals for the win, but of course, only the third counted.)

I’ll write the same thing I wrote last week: Field position doesn’t matter to Patrick Mahomes. He’ll score from 1 yard or 99 yards. Sunday, he threw a ball 54 yards into double-coverage while sprinting with a defender in his face, and it was right on the money. You can’t act normally when playing this dude.

Piloting a boat through an iceberg field when you’ve never piloted a boat before may seem like a bad idea—but if you’re being chased by a giant killer shark, you’re gonna need to take some risks. Patrick Mahomes is the giant killer shark. Even if going for it on fourth-and-1 in your own territory is risky, it’s not as risky as voluntarily giving the ball to the best player in the sport.