The Chargers

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I remember them saying something about that last year in the playoffs with Henry......

Remind me what happened again?   

I think henry and company did try for that 300 yards and just missed it against the Ravens last year in the playoff win....

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont think refocusing can help this sorry ass group of LB. Only an influx of talent can. But by all means let's start Niemann instead of Gay Jr.

gay got 6 snaps on D, including one package specifically for him, that had him spying on the qb.

That's a start at least 

I still cannot believe we didn't add a single vet to this LB unit.   Gay will probably be a starter as some point but we had to know what we had in the three coming back.  Sheesh they are hot garbage.   I bet Veach cannot wait to can Hitchens and that horrendous contract.   Crazy to think I really really miss Reggie Ragland.

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I still cannot believe we didn't add a single vet to this LB unit.   Gay will probably be a starter as some point but we had to know what we had in the three coming back.  Sheesh they are hot garbage.   I bet Veach cannot wait to can Hitchens and that horrendous contract.   Crazy to think I really really miss Reggie Ragland.

Must be missing THe Rag Ragland? LOL

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Its so ironic that it was Veach's first big deal after being promoted and he just absolutely shit the bed on how it was structured. He has not put us in a bad spot like that since. Watkins is the only thing close, but Watkins balled out in the playoffs.

But Hitchens is one player I truly believe is only on the field because of the financial investment. They can't justify spending on another LB while paying him this much. So they are desperate to try to tap into some of what he showed in Dallas and get some kind of return.

Its not going to happen though. The dude is one of the least instinctual players I've ever watched play the position. He isn't good at anything.

It's very clear that Hitchen's Dallas performance was a product of the system that really fooled us. Even if Gay turns out to be a solid starter at some point we still need to invest in the position with some decent cash or a high pick. We have been drafting mostly for potential but there should be some guys in there for immediate impact as well. Hopefully defense steps up with Pennel's return and we take some of the load from the LBs but overall this group is very dismal. 

On 9/23/2020 at 6:21 PM, KC Warpaint said:

That's a no shitter there , i saw it in real time and replay and still never saw Hardman till he had the ball...talk about where's Waldo

Gotta give Hardman some credit. That pass was not an easy one to grab. Insane that it actually worked.