Kareem Hunt

Calichief

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

Straight up beast still. Runs with authority 

I loved me some KH when he was here.  And he was/is good.  Really good.  But he's the 2nd leading rusher for a team that scored 6 against the Ravens and barely beat the Bengals.  For 6 million a year.  And if I found out tomorrow he got pulled over at 2AM with a pound of weed and a gun while running a red light I would not be that surprised. 

If you asked me to trade CEH straight across for Hunt I would pass so fast that Tyreek Hill would say. "Damn!  That was fast!"

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I loved me some KH when he was here.  And he was/is good.  Really good.  But he's the 2nd leading rusher for a team that scored 6 against the Ravens and barely beat the Bengals.  For 6 million a year.  And if I found out tomorrow he got pulled over at 2AM with a pound of weed and a gun while running a red light I would not be that surprised. 

If you asked me to trade CEH straight across for Hunt I would pass so fast that Tyreek Hill would say. "Damn!  That was fast!"

Impossible to agree with this more.

It worked out for us in the end, but yeah Hunt is a beast.  Too bad he's a headcase.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Impossible to agree with this more.

It worked out for us in the end, but yeah Hunt is a beast.  Too bad he's a headcase.

Did it really work out that well?  The Chiefs might have won in 2018 with him and they could have used this year's first pick for a more critical position.  On the other hand, they would have to pay him while CEH is cheap for a while.  I"m glad Hunt isn't on the team right now, but think the Chiefs would have a better history if he had been clean. 

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Did it really work out that well?  The Chiefs might have won in 2018 with him and they could have used this year's first pick for a more critical position.  On the other hand, they would have to pay him while CEH is cheap for a while.  I"m glad Hunt isn't on the team right now, but think the Chiefs would have a better history if he had been clean. 

I think he was saying we won the Super Bowl.  Therefore it worked out.  We may have won 2 with him.  Or none with him.  But he's a great player for sure.

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

All I said is, he’s a beast. No trades. ;) would I rather have him than Clyde, yes I would. 

disagree.  Clyde's a better inside zone runner, has quicker cuts and runs more sophisticated routes.  And i think he's close to or equal on outside zone.  Not that kareem wasn't a beast but him being a headcase seals it.

Of course I'd take kareem with a functional brain and the first round pick over clyde but that's wishful thinking.

I know Hunt wishes he hadn't screwed up. Dude would likely have 2 SB rings and be one of the darlings of the league. Instead he is technically the backup running back on a team that hasn't had a winning record in 12 years and whose uniform looks like something my dog did in the yard this morning.😳

Other than the obvious stuff, what also bothers me the most about Hunt is he was a player drafted and developed by the Chiefs. He was drafted in the same draft as Mahomes. To get two players of that caliper in the same draft was pretty cool. 

It's funny to hear some analyst say that the Chiefs getting CEH in the draft wasn't fair, when it was already so-called unfair when we had Hunt; they just forgot about it. 

• 3 weeks later...

9 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Hunt RB1 for the next 5 weeks.

He is better than Chubb. Better receiver, better after contact. Frankly, Given the chance to start, Hunt could be the top back in the NFL. And he's durable. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

If he was smart enough not to lie to his boss he could have been a SB-winning RB with a huge deal by now. After seeing him cry on the side of the road, I hope he turns his life around and builds on the chance he got in Cleveland. 

Cried over a little amount of weed naw his life is fine and he's loved in Cleveland

• 3 weeks later...

To this day I still read or hear people talking about Hunt being cut because he kicked that girl.  When it had ZERO to do with what he did but that he lied to our front office and put egg on their faces with doing so.  

Sad really

• 10 months later...