Ravens Week- let's get it rolling

Your thoughts?

Ravens are winning in a lot of different ways. O-line is a huge concern- not as dominating as last year without Yanda- KC Dline is a real threat if Clark can play.

So are the Chiefs. Defense still a ? after a rookie took it to them for 4 qtrs without knowing he was starting until 1 minute before the game started.

I look forward to a great game.

It's going to be a tough game. I'm going to take off Monday. 

The Chiefs Linebackers are not very strong, and that worries me.  The young secondary isn't playing that bad, but it's a concern also. 

I agree with sith13, they will be pumped to play the Ravens. They seem to always play the Ravens tougher than I think they will. I think both teams match up well against each other, and wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens won this time. 

Agreed that they can't play like they did Sunday, but every opponent is a different matchup.

A game that I would think the Ravens are favored but could go either way.  I think it remains to be seen how much the home field advantage is.  Normally I'd pick us at home and Ravens on the road.  The Chargers game was not our best, but those games happen.  Win them and be happy.  That's what good teams do. 

If we get out of the gate fast, put up some points and make Lamar feel like he needs beat us with his arm in a shootout then I like our chances.  If we let them Ravenize us then we probably don't win. 

15 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

A game that I would think the Ravens are favored but could go either way.  I think it remains to be seen how much the home field advantage is.  Normally I'd pick us at home and Ravens on the road.  The Chargers game was not our best, but those games happen.  Win them and be happy.  That's what good teams do. 

If we get out of the gate fast, put up some points and make Lamar feel like he needs beat us with his arm in a shootout then I like our chances.  If we let them Ravenize us then we probably don't win. 

By ravenize, i assume you mean "run the ball?"..

Well if yesterday was any indication of our run defense, we're in BIG trouble. Yes Pennell will help, but Lamar makes you miss ALOT. So our DB's are gonna have to stay with the WR's until the whistle blows..Every play. 

And our LB's? They need to be benched, cause they suck. 

8 minutes ago, artsy said:

By ravenize, i assume you mean "run the ball?"..

Well if yesterday was any indication of our run defense, we're in BIG trouble. Yes Pennell will help, but Lamar makes you miss ALOT. So our DB's are gonna have to stay with the WR's until the whistle blows..Every play. 

And our LB's? They need to be benched, cause they suck. 

Ravenize means run the ball well and use it to set up the pass also.  Generally play with a lead and have their way with you. 

We are undefeated and Super Bowl Champions and we've been to the AFCCG back to back.  We have beat the Ravens twice in the past two years.  And we both dismantled the Texans. We could lose the game, but I don't think it would hurt for people to chill a little.  Suddenly Mahomes drifts and Andy can't call a game.  WTF.  

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Ravenize means run the ball well and use it to set up the pass also.  Generally play with a lead and have their way with you. 

We are undefeated and Super Bowl Champions and we've been to the AFCCG back to back.  We have beat the Ravens twice in the past two years.  And we both dismantled the Texans. We could lose the game, but I don't think it would hurt for people to chill a little.  Suddenly Mahomes drifts and Andy can't call a game.  WTF.  

Well Mahomes was drifting...Alot.

And I personally thought we should've ran the ball more..But I've been saying that since Andy arrived.

Anywho, I agree with being Ravenized. They will run the shit out the ball if we allow them to. I'm sure we'll see DOD on the field as a spy for Lamar, but we MUST tackle better to even have a chance. I've also noticed that Lamar struggles to throw the ball against Man to man, he holds the ball and waits till he sees the nameplates on the jersey's and then runs. A spy should help with that if we can hold up in coverage.

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

And I personally thought we should've ran the ball more..But I've been saying that since Andy arrived.

Anywho, I agree with being Ravenized. They will run the shit out the ball if we allow them to. I'm sure we'll see DOD on the field as a spy for Lamar, but we MUST tackle better to even have a chance. I've also noticed that Lamar struggles to throw the ball against Man to man, he holds the ball and waits till he sees the nameplates on the jersey's and then runs. A spy should help with that if we can hold up in coverage.

We definitely need to play better.  And I suspect Handswarmer feels they probably need to play better than they did against the Texans to be us. 

just thankful I  wont be watching because all we have is antenna TV. Ravens look like World Beaters  and LJ  looks like the MVP that he is and  altho maybe  a gallant effort in the 4rth qrt the Chiefs just dont have what it takes 34-27 Birds..

The Bolts game solidified  in my mind my 11-5 prediction

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

We definitely need to play better.  And I suspect Handswarmer feels they probably need to play better than they did against the Texans to be us. 

Ravens Offensive Line is a liability right now. Yanda's retirement left a hole" Phillips is a rook who played better this week but Skurra (C) is still recovering from ACL, MCL and PCL tears last season. Texans pass rush got home 4 times on LJ. Tavon Young's ACL means Kimmy Smith goes back to OCB and Humphrey moves to the slot. Last year we did not have Marcus Peters or Young vs the Chiefs- Earl Thomas got abused last year and he gone. S tandem is much better this year.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Ravens run D is pretty solid- Campbell and Williams are a brick wall upfront.

No fans is a huge disadvantage. M&T Bank Stadium is routinely one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL; Not as loud as Arrowhead but in the top 5. But that can be an advantage in play calling on defense for us.

3 hours ago, qnet said:

It's going to be a tough game. I'm going to take off Monday. 

The Chiefs Linebackers are not very strong, and that worries me.  The young secondary isn't playing that bad, but it's a concern also. 

I agree with sith13, they will be pumped to play the Ravens. They seem to always play the Ravens tougher than I think they will. I think both teams match up well against each other, and wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens won this time. 

Agreed that they can't play like they did Sunday, but every opponent is a different matchup.

TE Andrews should have a field day vs the LBers; I think the Ravens WR can have their way with the Chiefs secondary.

It just occurred to me that I won't be able to get the game since I'm also on over-the-air antenna.  I'm still taking off since not much is going on at work, and  I'll feel more relaxed checking the stupid ESPN game cast at home vs. at work. If I do go to work, they have  big screens in two areas and will no doubt have the game on one of them. People will be walking by my desk reminding me of everything that's happening. 

Back to the game. I hope the Chiefs can establish a running game. It will also be interesting to see Tyreek Hill go up against Marcus Peters. I don't think we've seen that before, if it shakes out that way. 

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

It just occurred to me that I want be able to get the game since I'm also on over-the-air antenna.  I'm still taking off since not much is goring on at work, and  I'll feel more relaxed checking the stupid ESPN game cast at home vs. at work. If I do go to work, they have  big screens in two areas and will no doubt have the game on one of them. People will be walking by my desk reminding me of everything that's happening. 

Back to the game. I hope the Chiefs can establish a running game. It will also be interesting to see Tyreek Hill go up against Marcus Peters. I don't think we've seen that before, if it shakes out that way. 

My best guess. Jackson Chokes as he has in the BIG GAMES.

41 minutes ago, qnet said:

It just occurred to me that I want be able to get the game since I'm also on over-the-air antenna.  I'm still taking off since not much is goring on at work, and  I'll feel more relaxed checking the stupid ESPN game cast at home vs. at work. If I do go to work, they have  big screens in two areas and will no doubt have the game on one of them. People will be walking by my desk reminding me of everything that's happening. 

i think they are also showing the games on ABC this season due to declining ratings on ESPN

7 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i think they are also showing the games on ABC this season due to declining ratings on ESPN

not on any  website I can find, maybe if it were a home game it'd go on  local.

I stand corrected just checked the Columbia MO ABC affiliate and tonights MNF game is on..so yea maybe your right.

Disney wants MNF to move back to ABC.    

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/07/first-regular-season-game-in-las-vegas-will-be-simulcast-on-abc/

Per the article, The date of the game — September 21, 2020 — also will be the 50th anniversary of the debut of Monday Night Football.    

According to ESPN, no other 2020 Monday night games will be simulcast by ABC.