Ravens Week- let's get it rolling

17 minutes ago, Balto said:

Of course he was when the box has 11 guys in it haha

You know, I would almost pay for NFL Game Pass if I could ensure that you watch every Lamar Jackson game and see him really play. You probably have watched 3 games of his- his 2 Regular season games vs the Chiefs (a 2018 OT 3pt loss as a true rookie in his 4th start and a 5 pt loss- both away games) and the Titans playoff loss.

So your lack of knowledge about the kid is not necessarily astounding but understandable. Maybe expand your horizons

20 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

You know, I would almost pay for NFL Game Pass if I could ensure that you watch every Lamar Jackson game and see him really play. You probably have watched 3 games of his- his 2 Regular season games vs the Chiefs (a 2018 OT 3pt loss as a true rookie in his 4th start and a 5 pt loss- both away games) and the Titans playoff loss.

So your lack of knowledge about the kid is not necessarily astounding but understandable. Maybe expand your horizons

I've watched him quite a bit.  It's a lot of scheming guys open.  You hardly ever see 3+ WR sets where he has to drop back and go through multiple reads.  A lot of RPO and play action designed to simplify reads.  And that makes sense given the personnel but i would credit Roman for designing that offense around Lamar's skillset.   

Lamar seems to be efficiently schemed with the passing game. He never really throws more than 225 yards a game. He gets some huge TD games on less than 20 completions, probably from RPO / play action / scramble plays. So long as he is healthy and a threat to run, I think he will be very hard to stop. The moment he loses the running, I think you can stop him. If he throws more than 30 times, that is a bad sign.

Sammy Watkins tweeted that he was "healthy" after taking a helmet-to-helmet shot from Los Angeles' Denzel Perryman in Sunday's win over the Chargers. 

Hit in the fourth quarter, Watkins did not return. It appeared that he had suffered a concussion, but that is apparently not the case. Thursday's injury report will provide the final word. Watkins was having a quiet game (1/11) before going down after his 7/82/1 Week 1. He will be a low-floor, high-ceiling WR3 if he gets cleared to face the Ravens on Monday. 

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Wouldn't you say how he plays the Chiefs and in the Playoffs all that should matter to me, a Chiefs fan?  

The main question I have is why the Ravens ONLY order Chicken with bones for game day meals before important games?

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Watching the games that matter most he has choked. Yes some stats in garbage time. No doubt Jackson is an amazing talent. Lets see when and if he becomes clutch. This game is more important for Balt than Kc because Jackson does not need to lose another BIG GAME.  Nobody wants that reputation. Chief fans wore that label for decades and it sucked.

Yes I dont put that much importance on the bye week. Only one team gets a bye and this is a wild card season.

15 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

You forgot about an All Pro in Marlon Humphrey

Queen is great as a rookie but he did get beat in coverage last week.

Yeah, I didn't forget about him Hands. ...

"You've got to look yourself in the mirror, and I think this team right now, its identity is to get to the playoffs and choke," the third-year pro said after the Ravens became the first No. 1 seed to lose to a No. 6 seed since the Patriots lost to the Jets in 2011.

"This team's identity is to get to the playoffs and choke" -Marlon Humphrey 😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/6GuUCFVq0y

— Boo Boo Shoester (@FTBeard11) January 12, 2020

I think we are gonna get our asses kicked. And I think its gonna continue until they do something with our LBs. Whether its DOD, Gay, a free agent...something has to change. We may have had the worst LB corps in football last yr, but Ragland was at least a solid run defender. Niemann isn't even good at that. I've heard people talk about Niemann being an asset in coverage since he came here. I've yet to see any evidence of it. 

I know we won the SB with this group of LB, but to me the odds of doing it twice with a group this bad is really low. People will keep attacking that weakness. This defense looks like a bunch of players with no arms. They just bounce off people.

Should be a great game. I really think we need to get up on them early like last year. They are too good of a team to get down by double digits. Harbaugh won't make the same mistakes Lynn did plus Lamar compared to Herbert? Our linebackers are a huge concern. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Thank god we didn't play our best in the road division win.  Some of you were really jonesing for a chance to talk about how awful we are.  

We sucked badly against the chargers. Both sides if the ball. Simple fact we got lucky to play as poorly as we did and get the win. We can't do this against good teams and expect to win. 

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We sucked badly against the chargers. Both sides if the ball. Simple fact we got lucky to play as poorly as we did and get the win. We can't do this against good teams and expect to win. 

Sure.  And if other teams had the personnel to kill us with a 4 man front and no blitzing, with a great back 7, I'd be more worried about it.  KC has a recent history of not playing well against the Chargers and then bouncing back.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Thank god we didn't play our best in the road division win.  Some of you were really jonesing for a chance to talk about how awful we are.  

Yeah we should just gloss over the fact that we are giving up 420 yards a game, and 150 of those on the ground. Any disparaging comment means we think our team is awful. 

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Sure.  And if other teams had the personnel to kill us with a 4 man front and no blitzing, with a great back 7, I'd be more worried about it.  KC has a recent history of not playing well against the Chargers and then bouncing back.  

Seems like Baltimore might have some of those things...

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah we should just gloss over the fact that we are giving up 420 yards a game, and 150 of those on the ground. Any disparaging comment means we think our team is awful. 

There's a difference between not glossing over weaknesses vs being panicky whiny bitches.  Some people are walking that line pretty closely for fans of an undefeated team that just won the Super Bowl and has almost every player and coach returning.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

There's a difference between not glossing over weaknesses vs being panicky whiny bitches.  Some people are walking that line pretty closely for fans of an undefeated team that just won the Super Bowl and has almost every player and coach returning.

Nah its just a different way of expressing concern. Our team looks good overall. I'm very worried about our line and our lb as individual position groups.

Maybe that's too difficult for you to wrap your head around. Maybe you just needed to call somebody a name today. Who fuckin knows. It sounds to me like if someone doesn't share your perspective on where our teams at you just start firing away at them. 

SF played in the SB 2 games ago too. Wtf does that have to do with week 3 of this season?

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Nah its just a different way of expressing concern. Our team looks good overall. I'm very worried about our line and our lb as individual position groups.

Maybe that's too difficult for you to wrap your head around. Maybe you just needed to call somebody a name today. Who fuckin knows. It sounds to me like if someone doesn't share your perspective on where our teams at you just start firing away at them. 

SF played in the SB 2 games ago too. Wtf does that have to do with week 3 of this season?

I didn't call anyone names.  And everyone is welcome to spend the entire game day thread talking about how bad the Ravens are gonna kick our ass.  It's been that way for years so have at it. 

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Where have the Chiefs improved since last Season? Besides returning 21 of 22 starters?

I can tell you where the Ravens are different since Week 4 of last season, almost 350 something days ago.

- traded for Marcus Peters Week 7 2019- 1st start includes a Pick SIx of Russell Wilson. Had an INT last week vs Texans

-got rid of Earl Thomas. There is a reason no one has signed him- he's done. And an ass.

- signed Calais Campbell. Premier run stuffer, undervalued interior pass rusher. Great player

-signed Derek Wolf- underrated defensive lineman who just continues to make plays

- drafted MLB Queen and Harrison. Already contributors, they are playing like veterans. No downside. AJ Fort is underrated also.

-healthy Hollywood Brown. No screws in his foot, kid can fly. and bulked up 25 lbs of muscle this year also.

- JK Dobbins. You like CEH? Adding Dobbins to that backfield just isn't fair. Now we can grind it out all the way with him, Ingram, Gus and LJ8

26 minutes ago, xen said:

You don't think the Ravens can? Adding Campbell and Wolf changed the front 4- blitz rate is down. Secondary is better with Peters (He didn't come to Baltimore until 3 weeks after the Chiefs game)

Back 7 might be the beats in the League, especially after Thomas release

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I didn't call anyone names.  And everyone is welcome to spend the entire game day thread talking about how bad the Ravens are gonna kick our ass.  It's been that way for years so have at it. 

I think they will lose. I said we are gonna get our asses kicked. That was probably a bit much. Mahomes teams dont get their asses kicked. And we've done a good job containing Jackson since he came into the league.

But this run defense is gonna bite us sometime. And that may be what needs to happen to get them to put Gay on the field. We have a lb corps that doesn't have a strength. Wilson is a solid run stopper. That is it. None of them can cover, and Niemann and Hitchens can't do anything well. It concerns me.