Ravens Week- let's get it rolling

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Aside from Pat, Andy has not been blown out here other than that one Steelers game.  No matter who has been the quarterback.

Never on paper but there were some brutal losses like the playoffs against NE with Smith at QB. Not sure if I can think of an example with Mahomes at QB though, even in losses Andy seems to come up with some competitive creativity that keeps it close. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Never on paper but there were some brutal losses like the playoffs against NE with Smith at QB. Not sure if I can think of an example with Mahomes at QB though, even in losses Andy seems to come up with some competitive creativity that keeps it close. 

Keep it close and Pat does the rest!

14 minutes ago, dhitter said:

True. But does anyone honestly think that holds true for his career? Not saying it will happen Monday night but at some point it will happen.

That's probably true but would you be shocked if it doesn't happen considering what he's done so far?  

But yeah this bmore team is no joke so who knows.

2 hours ago, xen said:

That's probably true but would you be shocked if it doesn't happen considering what he's done so far?  

But yeah this bmore team is no joke so who knows.

I'm counting on the team to bounce back and give a better showing. The Ravens look like they are rolling. I believe in Mahomes. It's other parts of the team that concern me...especially the linebackers.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:55 AM, xen said:

BTW, Bmore still in top 3 in blitz % this season after leading the league in blitz % in 2019.  Any thoughts that they have the personnel to follow the cover 3 with 4 man rush plan that the 49ers and Chargers followed needs to remember this.

Chargers are dead last in blitz % for a reason, they don't have to.

Chargers and 49ers both in bottom 4 of blitz % last year.  

This matters as you get the numbers in your favor if you can bring pressure without blitzing.  

Baltimore does not have this.

Something to consider.

I think they will not blitz as much and force Mahomes to beat them from the pocket. The secondary is better, LBers are better.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I'm counting on the team to bounce back and give a better showing. The Ravens look like they are rolling. I believe in Mahomes. It's other parts of the team that concern me...especially the linebackers.

I think the Ravens run it, run  it well and grind the defense down. If you watch the second half of both their games this year, they ground and pound the defense into submission

NFL Next Gen Stats: "The Ravens add almost a full yard over expectation per run, good for fifth-most in the NFL. Stopping the run is an issue for the Chiefs defense, not only allowing 4.6 yards per carry this year, but only posting a 9.1-percent run-stuff rate, lowest in the NFL. So run, Ravens run, because your super power just so happens to be your opponent's kryptonite."

Chiefs (2-0) at Ravens (2-0)

Monday, 8:15 p.m. ET | ESPN
Matchup rating:
 94.7 | Spread: BAL -3.5 (54)

What to watch for: Can the Ravens jump out to another early lead? Since Lamar Jackson took over as Baltimore's starter midway through the 2018 season, the Ravens are an NFL-best 19-0 when leading at halftime and 0-5 (including the playoffs) when trailing after two quarters. The Ravens haven't trailed at any point in the second half in their past 12 games, which is the third-best streak in league history. -- Jamison Hensley

Bold prediction: The Chiefs and Ravens will combine for 900-plus yards and at least 60 points. Both teams are in the top 10 in points allowed, but don't look for a defensive battle. This game will be similar to the one from Week 3 last season, when the meeting produced 955 yards and 61 points. -- Adam Teicher

Stat to know: The Ravens have won 14 straight regular-season games, and the Chiefs have won eight straight -- the two longest active win streaks in the NFL. The last time two teams on eight-plus-game win streaks met was 1969, when the Rams (11 straight) hosted the Vikings (10 straight). This also marks the fifth QB matchup between the reigning MVP (Jackson) and Super Bowl MVP (Patrick Mahomes). The Super Bowl MVP won the previous four matchups.

Injuries: Chiefs | Ravens

What to know for fantasy: The quarterbacks will get the headlines, but when these two teams met in Week 3 last season, there were three running backs who reached double-figure point totals. See Week 3 rankings.

Betting nugget: In the past 20 seasons, reigning Super Bowl champions are 11-1 ATS as underdogs within the first three weeks of the season. And Mahomes is 10-2 ATS in September games with 28 passing TDs and zero interceptions. Read more.

Teicher's pick: Ravens 34, Chiefs 31
Hensley's pick: Ravens 31, Chiefs 30
FPI prediction: BAL, 59.6% (by an average of 3.4 points)

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Watkins is still in the Concussion Protocol.

September 26, 2020 03:32 PM
Chiefs' Sammy Watkins: Listed as questionable, practices fully
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Watkins (concussion/neck) is listed as questionable for Monday's contest against the Ravens, Adam Teicher of ESPN.com reports.

Watkins practiced for a second straight day, this time in full capacity, so it certainly seems as if the veteran wideout's status is trending in a positive direction ahead of Monday's major tilt. Watkins was a critical piece in the Chiefs' passing attack last year against the Ravens, piling together five receptions on eight targets for 64 yards, although that

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:
September 26, 2020 03:32 PM
Chiefs' Sammy Watkins: Listed as questionable, practices fully
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Watkins (concussion/neck) is listed as questionable for Monday's contest against the Ravens, Adam Teicher of ESPN.com reports.

Watkins practiced for a second straight day, this time in full capacity, so it certainly seems as if the veteran wideout's status is trending in a positive direction ahead of Monday's major tilt. Watkins was a critical piece in the Chiefs' passing attack last year against the Ravens, piling together five receptions on eight targets for 64 yards, although that